Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » A few Problems with new motor

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: A few Problems with new motor
331LX
Member # 11181

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 331LX  Ford pictures for 331LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just got my motor runing and I noticed a few problems. Its a 331 with heads cam and intake. I noticed a few of the head studs are leaking coolant all over the place.I guess the builder forgot to use seanat on them. My question is can I remove the studs 1 by 1 and re-seal them or do I have to remove the heads to do this? Another problem is the brake pedal gets real soft at idle like theres no brakes but when its in gear it feels normal. I was told it was do to the cam not producing enough vacuum. What can fix this issue without changing the cam?

--------------------
1990 LX

REDLIGHTING
¯
Member # 11296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for REDLIGHTING  Ford pictures for REDLIGHTING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe a vac-resavor

--------------------
1992 coupe YSI, DART,
225 TFS HIGH PORTS
04 mystichrome convertible

2006 GMC sierra slt crew

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com