Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » bad ignition switch??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: bad ignition switch??
88FOX
¯
Member # 9969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88FOX  Ford pictures for 88FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my turn signals and heater/ac blower and gas light doesnt work from time to time. when i first start the car they dont work but after awhile of driving they sometimes start to work.ive done some research and my two options ive found is bad ground at the battery or bad ignition switch.. before i got out and spend the money on a new switch can someone comfirm this at all?? thx
ROK5.0
¯
Member # 8589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ROK5.0  Ford pictures for ROK5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a similar problem on my car and It would only happen wen the ignition switch was moved or jiggled so try moving it jus to see if there is sum type of bad wiring or faulty switch
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
take it to daniel. he did great job on my fox. his shop is advanced auto electric in san ramon. dude does work in there.

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
88FOX
¯
Member # 9969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88FOX  Ford pictures for 88FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ROK5.0:
I had a similar problem on my car and It would only happen wen the ignition switch was moved or jiggled so try moving it jus to see if there is sum type of bad wiring or faulty switch

Did this and Yea it checks out this is the cause of it ill be replacing it soon thx for the quick tip bro
88FOX
¯
Member # 9969

Anyone know if its the ignition control module or just the connector I need to replace?? I wiggle the ignition housing were the keys go in and that usually fixs the issue so this indicates which part that needs to be replaced....
JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This happend twice to both of my 90's same problems that you have. the switch fell apart the first time around i was able to reassemble them and recrimp the four tangs that hold the switch together the second time around I just bought new one's from kragen and thay come with life time replacement simple fix take the bottom of the dash out it has four screws and is held in place by a couple of spring clips pull out slightly and it will pop off next take the cover off of the colum and you will see 2 security TORX screws holding the switch in remove those and the switch will drop out unplug it and replace it with the new one line up the pin with the ignition {might have to turn the key alittle to get it to line up}and just reverse the steps and your done

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com