Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » edlebrock performer

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: edlebrock performer
stangrus95
¯
Member # 10653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangrus95  Ford pictures for stangrus95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 95 5.0 what do u guys think of the edelbrock performer vs like the edel brock rpm or cobra intake or explorer intake, even the typhoon intake to.

I'm having a problem to where after I shift into second gear real fast I dnot get much pull and I have 355s and have it tuned at about 275rwhp and 321rwtq so I put a post up of the intake thinking could that be it?

--------------------
Damned if you do...
Damned if you don't...

1995 5.0 mustang gt-275/321--kid napped :(
1990 5.0 mustang gt-sold

blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I really liked the rpm 1 intake for na cars. And step it up to 3.73's it will be a whole different car!

--------------------
95 cobra blown 331 gr40 suspension
***NEED QUALITY WORK FOR HALF THE PRICE? I DO SIDE JOBS! PM FOR DETAILS***
www.norcalmotorcompany.com

Posts: 1434 | From: roseville | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
stangrus95
¯
Member # 10653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangrus95  Ford pictures for stangrus95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the edelbrock performer right now that's y I ask between all of those but its been a big debate wether to go with 355s or 373s and and my car came with 355s when I bought it

--------------------
Damned if you do...
Damned if you don't...

1990 5.0 mustang gt-sold

stangrus95
¯
Member # 10653

I have the edelbrock performer right now that's y I ask between all of those but its been a big debate whether to go with 355s or 373s and my car came with 355s when I bought it

--------------------
Damned if you do...
Damned if you don't...

1990 5.0 mustang gt-sold

blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangrus95:
I have the edelbrock performer right now that's y I ask between all of those but its been a big debate whether to go with 355s or 373s and my car came with 355s when I bought it

The rpm is a little bit bigger intake, it's gonna give ya more pull in the mid to top ranger, where you are needing it, also those gears will helP out a lot too

--------------------

stangrus95
¯
Member # 10653

What about from idel to mid cuz mine is good through idel to 5500?

--------------------
Damned if you do...
Damned if you don't...

1990 5.0 mustang gt-sold

JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
buy that holley systemax that was on here its the best one of them all

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
Blown_gt
¯
Member # 10698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blown_gt  Ford pictures for Blown_gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 Holley systemax [patriot]
blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

If you want a smaller or more tq intake try a gt40 or cobra.

--------------------

stangrus95
¯
Member # 10653

I've been reading up om those and the edlebrock performer is better then those 2

--------------------
Damned if you do...
Damned if you don't...

1990 5.0 mustang gt-sold

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All of them are good choices .. I personally favor the Edelbrock Performer RPM 2 , Holley Systemax and the Trick Flow R-Series .
blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

quote:
Originally posted by stangrus95:
I've been reading up om those and the edlebrock performer is better then those 2

Well it's all gonna depend on your combo. You gonna have to sacrifice top end if you want more bottom, and visa versa. Honestly I would keep your intake and step up a gear ratio. Cheaper and gonna gain more. But that's my .02

--------------------

blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

quote:
Originally posted by Nifty50:
All of them are good choices .. I personally favor the Edelbrock Performer RPM 2 , Holley Systemax and the Trick Flow R-Series .

These are pretty much too big for a 302, if you wanna make any power below 3500.

--------------------

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blown95svt:
quote:
Originally posted by Nifty50:

These are pretty much too big for a 302, if you wanna make any power below 3500.
Not necessarily , I've personally used the Holley intake on my 92 with H/C/I and stock 302 bottom end and was very pleased with it in comparison to my previous GT-40 tubular setup . All intakes I listed above are actually fit for any 302-347 and will make power from 1,500 to 6,500 RPM's all besides the Trickflow R-Series which has an operating range of 2,500-7,200 RPM'S
copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for copcar  Ford pictures for copcar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your intake choice is going to be based on the balance of the combination you are running. All of the aftermarket intakes are run pretty much the same lower design. The difference comes in runner length and plenum volume. I have seen great results with the Holly but that is compared to stock gt40/Cobra setups. There is a trade off with respect to torque down low in the power band however the midrange power was up by about ten horsepower by 5000 and 12 ftlbs of torque at around the same. The trade off was minimal but consistant below that rpm. The largest loss was at 2000-3500 where the Cobra was better by almost the same. One of the best intakes for a mild 302 (less than 6000 rpm/less than 520 lift cam) is a properly ported gt40 lower and gasket matched Cobra/Explorer upper.

--------------------
12.37@ 109.34.NA 894DA Old Nitto 555 DR's Gt40 irons. B cam/1.7's, All emissions equipment on the car, stock air box. UPR catted X pipe.

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rpm2 or holly never look back. IMO cobra/explorer intakes are weak. When you shift your 3500+ so what's that point in having lower? That's where gears help out. [patriot]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for copcar  Ford pictures for copcar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rpm2 or holly never look back.

- I agree, both are good intakes for H/C/I combinations.

IMO cobra/explorer intakes are weak.

- Stock/Untouched I also agree. In fact I wouldn't run one unported.

When you shift your 3500+ so what's that point in having lower? That's where gears help out.

- True, however partial throttle performance must also be considered in any street application. Even more so if the engine is computer controlled (the ECU's adaptive strategy must be considered) The higher velocity of the gt40 family of intakes make for better tip in response and idle quality. Up the ante in terms of typical street/strip heads and cam and this benefit is actually increased. Obviously there will come a point where these intakes become overly restrictive. Not to mention the cost of porting and down time can make the swap a wash.

--------------------
12.37@ 109.34.NA 894DA Old Nitto 555 DR's Gt40 irons. B cam/1.7's, All emissions equipment on the car, stock air box. UPR catted X pipe.

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

I'm in agreement with PureStang [patriot]
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
RpM2 ftw.. [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com