Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » using stock throttle body and maf

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: using stock throttle body and maf
dunrite
¯
Member # 9861

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dunrite  Ford pictures for dunrite    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My 5.0 is bored .040 over and running a crane roller cam ( has .544 lift ) using stock type pistons and gasket matched 5.0 intake. Im running afr 165 heads with jba shorty headers. Drive train is stock t-5 with 3;73 in the rear. I have to go to the smog refferee cause I install this stuff in my jeep. My question is would the stock throttle body and maf with the stock air box hurt me much? Right now Im running bbk 70mm throttle body and maf with cai with 24lb injectors. When I floor it now sometimes you can feel the power fall off and come back as it climbs in rpms. Do you think thats caused by the pro-m maf isnt working right. Also the throttle body sticks coming off idle causing jerky take offs. So Ive read that the stock maf will handle an engine like my and would match the fuel mapping with 19lb injectors.
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the maf needs to be correctly calibrated for the injectors you are using. now for your sticky bbk. ive held one in my hands and seen this stick you speak of. when i went to turn the trhrottle it actually clicked and started moving. i dint like bbk just for that now. get you a holley or something

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 bbk tb's suck mines stick all the time randomly hella annoying

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by moeofit32:
+1 bbk tb's suck mines stick all the time randomly hella annoying

+2 I always had the same problem with my bbk throttle body so im going to try the trick flow brand this time around hopefully that helps
Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
1fastmach1
¯
Member # 10137

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fastmach1  Ford pictures for 1fastmach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
snapped my holley bought it brand new only lasted 4-6 months and snapped and stayed WOT i got the trick flow 75mm tb to replace and no problems

--------------------
REDLINE MOTORSPORTS CC EST 2011
1993 CHP sold
2004 mach 1 408 Windsor n20 fed
R.I.P. JORGE GUTIERREZ JR
6/13/1982- 11/05/2013

Posts: 2592 | From: clawwwitter to 7th st | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
FivePTSlow
¯
Member # 7682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePTSlow  Ford pictures for FivePTSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All I've ever used were BBK Throttle Bodys I've had several with zero problems

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0 + Boost(Procharger)
90 Bronco 5.8 Lifted
05 SRT-4 24PSI E-85 at least 50 million hp
07 Harley VROD NRS Stage 1

Posts: 1857 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2007  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The stick intake is hurting your power quite a bit. I would change it. Make sure the sticking is not caused by a linkage problem. You can check it by disconnecting the linkage and snapping the throttle body and seeing if it is sticking. If it is sticking throw it out and get a ford 65mm or accufab
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com