Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Blinker help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Blinker help
FiveO92
¯
Member # 10564

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FiveO92  Ford pictures for FiveO92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My 1990 5.0 is having trouble with the turn signals i checked the fuses and changed the relay the emergency lights work any suggestions???
rollininmy50
¯
Member # 9067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollininmy50  Ford pictures for rollininmy50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did you replace the headlight harness at anytime??
FiveO92
¯
Member # 10564

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FiveO92  Ford pictures for FiveO92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just bought the car so i don't know if the other owner changed it
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As mentioned, check the wiring. Also, your multi-function switch could be the issue.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
rollininmy50
¯
Member # 9067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollininmy50  Ford pictures for rollininmy50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
theres two connecters for your headlight harness i believe in the 90 and newer, should have a black plug, and a blue plug, i replaced the harness on my 89 and didnt pay attention the the 3 prongs in the blue conector, cause my harness only had two, so i had to replace the headlight harness that matched, 2 black plugs, pull the connector and be sure the holes in the harness match the plugs for the headlight harness.
FiveO92
¯
Member # 10564

where can i find that harness at im not so good with all the wiring repairs
dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
remove the steering column cover and check for the connector for the turn signals, unplugged and plug it back see if it makes good contact because lot of times the connector is plugged in but doesnt make good contact

that happen to me twice in different cars

worth a try

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

rollininmy50
¯
Member # 9067

the two connectors are to the right of thebattery if your standing above the driver fender, underneath the solinoid, is a mess of wires, the 2 wires connect down buy the frame, which go under the battery box, if you find them should be a blue connector and a black one round shaped, also there is one wire that goes to the solinoid. pull the plugs to see if they match when connected, 3 little prongs should meet 3 little holes each wire, remember there 2 plugs, if one is pluged into a black connector, the other should be a blue connector, blue to blue , black to black, if not wrong harness, or each will be black to black.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com