Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Pushrod Length? Lil Long or Lil Short?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Pushrod Length? Lil Long or Lil Short?
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Measured my pushrods and found out i need a 7.875in pushrod... I am having trouble finding someone who sells that length. Everyone sells 7.850 and 7.900. Which would be the better? A lil long or short?

393w
Tfs 205cnc heads
Victor Jr. manifold
Tfs Stage 3 Cam
Tfs 1.6rr

Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go for the closet one. that measurement was dead nuts, so just get close, those measuremenst are really close, thats why they dont get any more accurate in purchase size
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha i know to get close...those are the closest. they are both the same distance away. i was just wondering which way to go, longer or shorter?

Whatever i'll just buy one haha

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Part Number: CCA-7825-16, 7.870 through Summit. 5/16" pushrod.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

How do those compare in strength to the one piece chromemoly rods (not correct length)>TFS-21406700 ?

-

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are the correct ones and are heat treated and will work with guide plates. Outside of not being chromemoly, that's it. They would work for your setup no problem.

I'm still trying to figure out why you would want a pushrod that wasn't the proper length. [Confused]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

I don't want a pushrod that's not the right length. I just put that part number and pic as a reference to the type of pushrod I was asking about.

Also I was asking if I should go a lil long or short cause I couldn't find the length I wanted in the cromemoly pushrods. They only went every .050.

Now that you have found me the correct length pushrods and let me know they will be strong enough, I will get them....

Thanks JohnB

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

The big question though is where was the rocker tip on the valve stem? You've got roughly .070 to play with, just depends on where it lies on the valve tip. You've got alot either way for pushrod length.

Call Summit, tell them your combo. Make sure you know the deck height and HG gasket thickness as well. I'm running 7.850's in my 393w, but everything is different.

Good luck!

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com