Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 2001 Mustang GT Fuel Pump

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 2001 Mustang GT Fuel Pump
harley56
¯
Member # 6731

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for harley56  Ford pictures for harley56    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Replaced the fuel pump and filter on my '01 GT. Now after sitting takes 15-30 seconds for it to start and, until it warms up, needly to slowly feed the accelerator.
Before I pull it out and investigate, any ideas? Thanks!

Posts: 89 | From: Sonoma county | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's a returnless system right? Maybe u have a venting problem or something not letting the fuel flow. Pretty sure that pump works off of voltage to regulate fuel pressure maybe u got some wires backwards if that's possible I dunno not to familiar with those fuel systems

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have either a pinched fuel line somewhere or a leak at the fuel hat (the portion bolted to the top of the cannister). My vote goes for a bad O ring in the hat.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
harley56
¯
Member # 6731

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for harley56  Ford pictures for harley56    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys, I vote for the bad o-ring in the hat and will check it out.
Posts: 89 | From: Sonoma county | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
You have either a pinched fuel line somewhere or a leak at the fuel hat (the portion bolted to the top of the cannister). My vote goes for a bad O ring in the hat.

I agree with john...I would say that you have the O ring thats bad around the fuel pump hat... [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7605 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com