Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » cooling problems 93tbird 5.0

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: cooling problems 93tbird 5.0
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Was wondering how do u keep these things cool or from overheating?On the freeway it's fine just the temp gauge goes up driving stoplight to stoplight and in traffic or for long driving distances.I got a new radiator,hoses,thermostat and water pump what could fix this problem?

[ June 16, 2010, 03:26 AM: Message edited by: 302n/a ]

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also it's not a head gasket issue i don't lose coolant,And my fan works.

[ June 16, 2010, 04:19 AM: Message edited by: 302n/a ]

--------------------

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

ttt any help please

--------------------

CHP2981
¯
Member # 9240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHP2981  Ford pictures for CHP2981    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe timing or bad plug or wire that's making it work harder. Clutch fan maybe. Just my oppinion. Hope it helps

--------------------
No half steppin

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There may be crap in the cooling system. Get a flush kit at walmart and flush the system out. Also clean the dirt out of the a/c condenser in front of the radiator. You could also run a cooler thermostat but I'm not too sure if going to a colder stat would screw with the fuel injection though. I've also used a product called "wetter water" which helped cool things down.
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
checks for leaks, rad. cap, how did you test the fan clutch?

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

i checked and theres no leaks how do u check the clutch fan?Lol im not mechanically inclined.Also where do u get the wetter water and how do you use it?Generally speaking the temp gauge isn't suppose to go past the halfway mark right?Would one of those dual flex alite fans work better or a different radiator such as fluidyine keep it cooler?

--------------------

Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
easiest way to check a fan clutch is to get the car to normal operating temp, have the hood up and turn the engine off and the fan should stop spinning right away. if the fan keeps spinning for a few seconds after that then its bad.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com