Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » LX Body Molding Question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: LX Body Molding Question
sigsagg650
¯
Member # 8368

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sigsagg650  Ford pictures for sigsagg650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We are currently turning a 1993 GT into an LX, we bought the bumper and moldings but the rubber moldings are black. We want to paint the rubber moldings white to match the car. Does anyone know what paint would work for the black moldings?
Posts: 158 | From: Mountain View | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its Fords oxford white....

Does that help?

[ June 16, 2010, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: RODRIGUEZ ]

91blackstallion
¯
Member # 9989

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91blackstallion  Ford pictures for 91blackstallion    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hm pues vale jus get any white paint and paint it fuck it or buy hella white out and der u go lol
Posts: 409 | From: in da heavens | Registered: May 2010  |  :
CHP2981
¯
Member # 9240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHP2981  Ford pictures for CHP2981    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It all depends on how clean you want it. If you have the money any shop will spray it. You have to use flexable paint that won't chip. Or you can do what it did and sand it smooth with like 1500 or 2000 grit wet sand paper with water. Primer it with bumper primer sand that smooth again then paint it white sand it then white again to make it a thick coat sand it again then clearcoat it a couple times then really lightly sand the clear then buff it out and polish it. That's what I did and I am not a painter I just watched my uncle alot. It shouldn't cost that much maybe a 50 or 60 in materials or take it to a shop and they'll charge maybe a couple hundred. Like I said it's how clean you want it.

--------------------
No half steppin

sigsagg650
¯
Member # 8368

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sigsagg650  Ford pictures for sigsagg650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys, I painted them and it looks clean...Now I need to buy some chrome 4 lug cobras and we done with the project..
Posts: 158 | From: Mountain View | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com