Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Repair on a 92 GT body kit

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Repair on a 92 GT body kit
biggmac
¯
Member # 8541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for biggmac  Ford pictures for biggmac    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What have you guys used to fix small cracks/tears in the foxbody GT bodykits? Its a 1992 and the rear bumper cover is stock and I want to fix it. If you could also tell me what Ford used for materials also.
Thanks guys!!

--------------------
If you aint first your last !!!

Posts: 25 | From: Fairfield/Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2008  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it might be best to buy a used oem bumper and have it repainted. it's pretty cheap and will most likely fit better than aftermarket crap.

i have one gt bumper sitting outside. the paint is all jacked up, but there's no cracks. $20?

biggmac
¯
Member # 8541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for biggmac  Ford pictures for biggmac    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the offer! But this crack I have is REAL SMALL. I was just wondering what people have used. Its at the bottom of the rear bumper cover and a pinky nail in lenght, I just dont want it to spread over time. The cover is sanded and ready fro prime as is right now.

--------------------

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go to kragan or auto zone and get the eurothane bumper repair kit . Follow instructons and u should have no problems .

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

biggmac
¯
Member # 8541

COOl!, Ill check it out

--------------------

straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for straightliner1  Ford pictures for straightliner1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That Bondo brand stuff from Kragen is junk. Try looking at an autobody supply store that sells quality stuff:

http://www.tptools.com/p/2211,234_SEM-Bumper-Repair-and-Adhesives.html

SEM-68422 - SEM Bumper Repair is designed to repair most automotive bumpers and other problem plastics on your car or truck. Easy to use. Simply grind away ragged edges. "V" groove damaged area, clean, and apply Bumper Repair. Allow to cure for 15 to 20 minutes; then smooth. 1 oz cartridge.

Posts: 484 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stop drill the crack, 'V' it out a bit, then fill it in with filler from pro body shop suppliers, such as SEM. The one I used was a 2 part epoxy that seems to be working well to fill the license plate holes.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com