Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » gt40 tubular vs trickflow street heat

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: gt40 tubular vs trickflow street heat
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
enlighten me on some info

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHORTSHIFTER89  Ford pictures for SHORTSHIFTER89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When it comes to street variety long runner intakes for the 5.0 my preference and the best in dyno proven results are as follows:

Edelbrock Performer 5.0
Trick Flow Street Heat
Cobra
GT 40

The GT40 actually makes a little bit more power (not much at all), they both share the same lower but I put the GT40 last because you can't port the upper as the runner tubes are just that...tubes and don't have very thick walls....and the GT40 is the most expensive out of them all! (Cobra is cheapest, followed by the TF, Edelbrock and then the GT40) The Edelbrock and TF are pretty much dead even power wise....I just don't like the looks of it.

For the money the TF can't be beat...it's a little more than a Cobra but makes better all around power throughout the rpm range....plus it will match up perfect with TW heads.

--------------------
1989 Mustang 5.0 HCI NOW SUPERCHARGED
2013 Range Rover Sport
2011 Bmw 5501 twin turbo 530HP
1998 silverado c1500 cheyenne

Posts: 923 | From: 707 hillside | Registered: Jul 2007  |  :
SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHORTSHIFTER89  Ford pictures for SHORTSHIFTER89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i read this on another site.

--------------------
2013 Range Rover Sport

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol i already have a gt40 tubular..i want a black street heat tho..all my patnas are copyin me with the gt40 tubular..i like to be unique so i might go with the trickflow

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't know about the trick flow being unique but tw makes good products. I used to run a street heat before i put my heads on, Good intake.

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

good luck on finding a street heat. i only heard good things about the gt40 and how rare they are and how good they flow. but it seems like rpm/tfs is what everybody is running. rpm/tfs heads too.

--------------------
2013 Range Rover Sport

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quite wastin your time with swappin intakes cause of what your freinds are doin take a step further than them and be a role model then. and start trippin on your heads ,and put them on and really burn em all!what they gonna do then.
SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

[burnout]

--------------------
2013 Range Rover Sport

TubeSteakJohnson
¯
Member # 8967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TubeSteakJohnson  Ford pictures for TubeSteakJohnson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
holleysystemax
STANGBOY
¯
Member # 7868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STANGBOY  Ford pictures for STANGBOY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Ham'n Eggs:
holleysystemax

+1

--------------------
1986 mustang notchback

she's good from far but far from good

*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+2...
Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
quite wastin your time with swappin intakes cause of what your freinds are doin take a step further than them and be a role model then. and start trippin on your heads ,and put them on and really burn em all!what they gonna do then.

lol...im already goin into the next engine..bought some gt40's last week,buyin the keith black forged pistons dec.1st...new engine should be done in jan

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This discussion really depends on what motor it's going on.

The GT-40 is a good intake and will make tons of power in the low to mid-range. You won't see much of a difference (at least not worth the time and money it will take to do the swap) with other intakes on a mildly modded street car.

If you are going for looks and want to be different then get a Vortech/Saleen intake. Those things look DOPE as fuck [Smile]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:

+1
StrokHer
¯
Member # 9244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StrokHer  Ford pictures for StrokHer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jaejae:
lol i already have a gt40 tubular..i want a black street heat tho..all my patnas are copyin me with the gt40 tubular..i like to be unique so i might go with the trickflow

Dont that dude with the red 50 in vallejo got everything that you wanna do to your car?

[ November 20, 2009, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: 4.94919 Liter ]

Posts: 54 | From: Fairfield, Ca | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

quote:
Originally posted by Stock-ish:
quote:
Originally posted by jaejae:

Dont that dude with the red 50 in vallejo got everything that you wanna do to your car?
who are you reffering to?..i dont know anyone i red 5.0..i think.

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

StrokHer
¯
Member # 9244

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StrokHer  Ford pictures for StrokHer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its A tall white dude in a red drop top 50. you should talk to him and see what he got. his car is fast. heads and spray i think.
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

quote:
Originally posted by 4.94919 Liter:
Its A tall white dude in a red drop top 50. you should talk to him and see what he got. his car is fast. heads and spray i think.

only person i ever knoew wit a red drop top was alan..you talkin bout him?

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

StrokHer
¯
Member # 9244

I dont know what his name is, I raced him awhile back and he is always tryin to race people. Tall white guy from Vallejo whith a red and black drop top. Always with some mexican or philipino kid with long hair.
BUCK_FIFTY
¯
Member # 728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUCK_FIFTY  Ford pictures for BUCK_FIFTY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Tall white guy from Vallejo whith a red and black drop top. Always with some mexican or philipino kid with long hair.

Sounds like he has a mail-order bride at his side?

--------------------
"Funny how cheap ass people have money to do it right the second time, haha!"

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

quote:
I dont know what his name is, I raced him awhile back and he is always tryin to race people. Tall white guy from Vallejo whith a red and black drop top. Always with some mexican or philipino kid with long hair.

oo..your talkin bout eric..yea thas ma patna..and the guy he kicks it with is joe..yea hes stock [Wink]

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

StrokHer
¯
Member # 9244

Yea thats him. That guys car is quick. Seems like you are trying to do what he has. Maybe he can help you with your build.
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

quote:
Yea thats him. That guys car is quick. Seems like you are trying to do what he has. Maybe he can help you with your build.

lol yea i rode in it when he blew this trans am..

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

jaejae is he talking bout that cat that lives over the by the post office red stang drop carb motor? always saleing stock parts?

--------------------
2013 Range Rover Sport

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

quote:
Originally posted by SHORTSHIFTER89:
jaejae is he talking bout that cat that lives over the by the post office red stang drop carb motor? always saleing stock parts?

naw i dont think he stays out here

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com