Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » saleen intake

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: saleen intake
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
can anybody inlighten me on some history on these intakes i just picked one up and curiouse, flow, how many diff models, how much they worth, what they come on , are those nitrouse boss on the side? whats up with no smog hole in the middle how they pass smog.thanks !
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you got to understand who the saleen intake was [Wink]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Saleen intakes used a Ford truck lower and a custom designed upper.

I beleive these are very similar in flow and performance to the Holley Systemax intakes (I think the Systemax was based off of this).

They are cool intakes but are hard to install due the location of some of the upper fasteners.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CAILFORNIAGT:

Half baked??
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The bosses on the side were for extra fuel injectors, in an age before high flow injectors were available. The Saleen/Vortech intake was king of the hill in about 1996. I have seen them with "Saleen", "Saleen Vortech" and "Vortech" cast into the upper. The lowers were just truck 302 intakes.
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91silverbullet:
quote:
Originally posted by CAILFORNIAGT:

Half baked??
YEA HAHAHAA u got it [Big Grin]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool and very interesting.
92 ssp
¯
Member # 8013

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92 ssp  Ford pictures for 92 ssp  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
 -

--------------------
President of Highways Car Club est 2004
1993 coupe "The Beast"
2004 Mercedes s500 amg

If u don't know about me u must be a nobody lol...

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

dont they have that same lower on the 351s,or at least that port configeration?
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Daaaaaaaamn, honestly hands down that is the PRETTIEST manifold I have ever seen, wanna trade lol

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
KeithStang7
¯
Member # 1945

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeithStang7  Ford pictures for KeithStang7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've seen these intakes on ebay command up to [patriot] $850! The ones that have SALEEN cast into them. Like the beauty up above [worship] . Do you mind sharing how you came across this (cough cough) turd that you want to sell to me for cheap?

--------------------
We the unwilling
Do the impossible
For the ungrateful

Posts: 393 | From: Redding, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

i did a motor job for a customer. same intake polished but not as nice, and a t5 and a 75 edelbrock tb and spacer where left over parts ,which he left me as a tip and partial payment.nice guy huh!i put it right on ebay my self.i was tellin him it was a rare find but he liked his edelbrock set up with the charger.so heh!he does all my motorcycle work and i do all his car work, and he was tellin me bout this 50 he was wantin and finnaly got it and i helped him sort through the mess of parts some other guy had stockplyed and let go the whole thing . good deal and good dude.just never had 1 upclose and was wonderin.i was goona try and sell on here but to many peepin toms with no money.same one in picture polished and stuff but not as nicly done, that sucker up there is in mirror finish!
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Put it up on the Corral, it'll pull some $$$.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
These are awesome manifolds for resale. From my research they do flow fairly well but its the truck lower that holds them back. For full performance with the authentic look for a Saleen I'd use a Systemax lower or port the hell out of a truck lower to work. Either way, these things do pull some cash, I was looking for one back when I had my Fox Saleen and couldn't find one for under $700.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com