Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » oil filter not seated?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: oil filter not seated?
bayarea5.0
¯
Member # 8779

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for bayarea5.0  Ford pictures for bayarea5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so i have a 87 ssp and i finally used the right oil filter fl300. before i was using like a tarus filter becuase it was about the same size as the filter the mustang had on the first time i changed the oil. so i take the oil filter off and i put the fl 300 on. It gets tight and it is not seated all the way, i can still see the o ring but it is making contact and sealing. i verified there was no old or ring on the block and the filter looked good as well. just wondering is this normal for ssp cars? or should i just buy another tarus filter? thanks guys [patriot]

--------------------
so much to do , no time to do it

Posts: 21 | From: bay/central cali | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
bayarea5.0
¯
Member # 8779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayarea5.0  Ford pictures for bayarea5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh yeah and i leaked checked it and its good to go on that aspect.

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I run an FL820s filter with my oil cooler, it's the same filter my `97 cobra engine uses with it's cooler. Same threading as an FL1A (stock 5.0) but shorter.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
bayarea5.0
¯
Member # 8779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayarea5.0  Ford pictures for bayarea5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is using the fl400s filter on my 5.0 mustang going to hurt anything? it fits perfectly its the one i used prior to this fl300. thanks again guys

--------------------

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bayarea5.0:
is using the fl400s filter on my 5.0 mustang going to hurt anything? it fits perfectly its the one i used prior to this fl300. thanks again guys

your car use a fl820 with the oil cooler put the right filter on it
bayarea5.0
¯
Member # 8779

yeah thats the thing it doesnt fit still!! that fl820s is the same diameter as the fl300. my freaking car is weird it only fits the fl400s.!! sigh...

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com