Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Starter Story

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Starter Story
bayarea5.0
¯
Member # 8779

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for bayarea5.0  Ford pictures for bayarea5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I drive to the bank today and I come back from doing what I had to do, and wouldnt you know the car wouldnt start! Sounded like the starter was weak or maybe I was out of gas. SO upon further inspection I check out my Starter and sure enough the bottom stud and bolt was somewhere on the freeway and the starter it self was hanging by 2 threads and all the way off the top stud! So luckily I had my jack and my bud lived down the street! tightend that top nut to 1 million foot pounds and drove to work! Where do you guys go to get your hardware? would it be safe for me to use a bolt instead of a stud and nut setup? and I looked at my newly installed headers and what do you know ?! missing two bolts! Man i'm sucking lately. Looking into stage 8 locking with metal header gasket. any inputs? thanks guys sorry for the long thread! [patriot]

--------------------
so much to do , no time to do it

Posts: 21 | From: bay/central cali | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bayarea5.0:
Where do you guys go to get your hardware? would it be safe for me to use a bolt instead of a stud and nut setup?

The hardware store. [Wink]

Yes, it's safe to use a bolt instead of the stud.

Apply the lightweight blue loc-tite on the header bolts, you won't have that problem anymore.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
bayarea5.0
¯
Member # 8779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayarea5.0  Ford pictures for bayarea5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hahah what a goon I am. thanks man . You live near walters road huh? i remmber a guy with a million mustangs when i lived there haha. thanks again. [patriot]
Posts: 21 | From: bay/central cali | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com