Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Ignition cylinder

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Ignition cylinder
bigstangs
¯
Member # 7920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigstangs  Ford pictures for bigstangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so went to move my car today and it would not turn off. so i pulled the coil found out the ignition is stuck in the run position. so i got a new Ignition cylinder but still the same thing. the ignition does not even spring back car wont turn on or off now.is there something else that can be broke in there
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ignition switch, not the cylinder. Mounted on the side of the steering column.

Dan

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
bigstangs
¯
Member # 7920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigstangs  Ford pictures for bigstangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok so i put a new switch in and it did not work i found out that the little plastic peace the switch and the ignition is not conected together something broke how do i fix this
bayarea5.0
¯
Member # 8779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayarea5.0  Ford pictures for bayarea5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man that sucks , when ever shit like that happens to me i go to the junkyard and just take what i need . maybe go look for that whole assembly and change it out with the stuff you got? denno jus me tying to think! [patriot]

[ October 24, 2009, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: bayarea5.0 ]

--------------------
so much to do , no time to do it

Posts: 21 | From: bay/central cali | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com