Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » does the stock h pipe bolt up to bbk shortys headers?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: does the stock h pipe bolt up to bbk shortys headers?
510cpskid
¯
Member # 8277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510cpskid  Ford pictures for 510cpskid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i put some bbk shortys on put my stock hpipe back on but it still leaks from passenger side.

--------------------
old set up
92 coupe 100 wet nx 410's mickey t's
new set up
?

Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
itl go back on but wont be perfect, you might have to tweak it a little bit and really tighten down the bolts

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mine don't leak. I had to buy the mother of all 1/2" extensions to torque em down tight though. Make sure to tighten them all the bolts down sequentially. I would turn each bolt ten times, the five etc, to make sure one side didn't suck down first and cause the other side to bind up.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Should bolt right up. You may have to move it around a bit to get it to align properly
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
JRWGT
¯
Member # 9198

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JRWGT  Ford pictures for JRWGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5OHS5OH:
Mine don't leak. I had to buy the mother of all 1/2" extensions to torque em down tight though. Make sure to tighten them all the bolts down sequentially. I would turn each bolt ten times, the five etc, to make sure one side didn't suck down first and cause the other side to bind up.

Got to do it this way or u will def have a leak

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com