Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need help with traction control

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help with traction control
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Went to smog my car (03 Cobra) today and was unable to because my traction control stayed on and we were unable to remove it even after pushing the traction control button. Does anyone know how to fix the problem or permanatly remove traction control. I heard the diablo predator tuner was a way to go while adding power is there a different way?

--------------------
03 Terminator

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am not sure if you can do this as I am not a smog expert. Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure that you might be able to disconnect the abs from a fuse (or connector behind the wheel) and it will disengage the TCS. The only downside is that you would most likely have the "ABS" light on the dash and I am unaware if you can smog with that light on.

Anybody else have any insight on this??

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
JRWGT
¯
Member # 9198

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JRWGT  Ford pictures for JRWGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not sure why they failed your for having the traction cont on.

But oh well.

You can do exactly what was mentioned above to remove the abs or traction cont feature.

The smog shop should not hold this against you since that is a NON emissions related feature or issue.

A friend of mine was a smog tech about a year ago.

Hope this helps

blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JRWGT:
Not sure why they failed your for having the traction cont on.

But oh well.

You can do exactly what was mentioned above to remove the abs or traction cont feature.

The smog shop should not hold this against you since that is a NON emissions related feature or issue.

A friend of mine was a smog tech about a year ago.

Hope this helps

im guessing they couldnt get the traction control off, therefore could not put the car on to the rollers to get the 15mph and 25mph readings due to the car thinking it was spinning the rear tires, cause it was! try pulling the fuse???? [Confused]

--------------------
95 cobra blown 331 gr40 suspension
***NEED QUALITY WORK FOR HALF THE PRICE? I DO SIDE JOBS! PM FOR DETAILS***
www.norcalmotorcompany.com

Posts: 1434 | From: roseville | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i am a smog tech and you have to be able to disengage trc control to roll on the dyno because it senses back wheels spinnin and the frints are stopped.and yes u could pull a fuse and u can smog it with the abs light on and when your abs light is on the traction control is off automaticly

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com