Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » air fuel gauge

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: air fuel gauge
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
could i use a narrowband air fuel meter on a 2001 cobra?they are way cheaper and im not trying to spend alot on it.and if anyone knws where i could find a white face green backlighted one let me know
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Narrow band is not very accurate. It's mostly just pretty lights that will tell you if it's really rich or really lean. But to wire it up i believe its just ground, 12v source, and 02 sensor. I recommend you spend your money wisely and save up to buy a wideband.
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the thing is i really only need to know my af when im about to use my nitrous thats why i would go with a narrowbad 300 for a wideband seems kind of like a lot for a gauge and sensor especially when i still have to buy a nitrous pressure gauge with the sending unit and the pod to hold them
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go get it tuned for it. By the time you see it on a gauge...it'll be too late.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 i feel like air fuel guages arent that great bang for buck because at the times that you need to be worrying about your afr you should be looking at the road not the guage [Smile]
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89foxstang:
+1 i feel like air fuel guages arent that great bang for buck because at the times that you need to be worrying about your afr you should be looking at the road not the guage [Smile]

Know that feeling... damn guages.... maybe i should have put the tach closer to the wideband!

go with a wideband or tune, dont waste your money on a narrow band

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you are gonna get a A/F guage then step up to a wide band
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com