Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 94 transmission

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 94 transmission
FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordRyderz510  Ford pictures for FordRyderz510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was driving the other nite and went to shift into 3rd from 2nd and heard like a crack/pop sound..didn't really think of much since I had the radio up a bit and kept driving and went to go park and shifter was shaking as hell and making a rattle noise. When I put the clutch in it stops but when I start to drive off it makes it louder. Changed the Throw out bearing like they told me it was and still the same thing?
Any ideas? Thankz
Stock 94 gt transmission.

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would check the actual shifter, If you haven't already

[ September 26, 2009, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: SHOalex ]

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its something internal as for what internal without opening it up it would only be a guess. it could be broken gear teeth a broken shift fork

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordRyderz510  Ford pictures for FordRyderz510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I checked the shifter and its fine.
Yeah they told me it was maybe the teeth broken inside but thing is I brought it down...changed T.O. bearing and put everything back and same thing..I was pissed.
Say its some internal work...is it better to change what's broken or just get a new tranny?

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if it's a chipped gear tooth and the cluster gear isn't messed up just have whatever gear that has the problem swapped out.

is it better to change what's broken or just get a new tranny?

that depends on whats wrong with it, if the cluster gear is all jacked up then yes get another transmission if not and all thats wrong is the single gear with the chipped tooth get the one you have repaired.

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

Have that in mind now. Thanks 91fox

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com