Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » rear wheel wobble, and vibrations

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: rear wheel wobble, and vibrations
kennebellgt
¯
Member # 8395

Ford Icon 11 posted      Profile for kennebellgt  Ford pictures for kennebellgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
problem arose today, I drove the car last night and it vibrates and shakes severely at all speeds even with the engine off and im rolling, its bad enough to where if you had change on the dash it would bounce around, i jacked up the car today and ran the car with the rear wheels off the ground and i cant see my driver side wheels wobbling and the passenger does too but barely, i took the wheel off put the lug nuts on and the rotor wobbles a tiny bit hardly noticeable but it does wobble, im thinking maybe a bent axle? would a bad bearing do this? what could it be, i haven't hit anything, no curbs no nothing, i never ran slicks or anything. Let me know what you think Thanks

[ September 26, 2009, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: kennebellgt ]

--------------------
just trying to fight the SN-95 demons

PS3 NAME- kennebellgt

Posts: 830 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2008  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kennebellgt:
problem arose today, I drove the car last night and it vibrates and shakes severely at all speeds even with the engine off and im rolling, its bad enough to where if you had change on the dash it would bounce around, i jacked up the car today and ran the car with the rear wheels off the ground and i cant see my driver side wheels wobbling and the passenger does too but barely, i took the wheel off put the lug nuts on and the rotor wobbles a tiny bit hardly noticeable but it does wobble, im thinking maybe a bent axle? would a bad bearing do this? what could it be, i haven't hit anything, no curbs no nothing, i never ran slicks or anything. Let me know what you think Thanks

-

but bad for axles!!!!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
kennebellgt
¯
Member # 8395

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennebellgt  Ford pictures for kennebellgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by kennebellgt:

-

but bad for axles!!!!

DICK! haha this really fucking sucks! i wonder what it is

--------------------

PS3 NAME- kennebellgt

84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have you checked the tires to see if it has any bubbles in it or had a rip in the tread??? happened to me b4

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
kennebellgt
¯
Member # 8395

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennebellgt  Ford pictures for kennebellgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 84SVOrick:
have you checked the tires to see if it has any bubbles in it or had a rip in the tread??? happened to me b4

yes the rim wobbles too

--------------------

PS3 NAME- kennebellgt

84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no i meant the actual TIRE, they have the tendencies to creat bubbles and tear in the tread area

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10

kennebellgt
¯
Member # 8395

quote:
Originally posted by 84SVOrick:
no i meant the actual TIRE, they have the tendencies to creat bubbles and tear in the tread area

no tires are fine, that wouldnt make the rim wobble though?

--------------------

PS3 NAME- kennebellgt

84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

damn i dont know what else to say but....STOP BEING A CHUBBY CHASSER!!!!. lol nah jus playin but no more fat chicks in the car...

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10

CHP2981
¯
Member # 9240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHP2981  Ford pictures for CHP2981    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had my share of those problems and if the rear is making a noise then it's the bearings but if the tires wobble then it's the axle. That could be from hitting a curb or anything, potholes. I would replace the axles.

--------------------
No half steppin

rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollin5ive0  Ford pictures for rollin5ive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i so happen to have some sn-95 axels no wobbles bends and five lugs....pm me if you want em....cheap$$ [patriot]

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
93blkvenumos5.0COBRA#3377
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

Posts: 1830 | From: 707 vacaville ca | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have some 4 lug axles..lmk

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a whole rear end for you which will rid you of all problems and it just so happens to be free free free stock out of my fox if you want it yours to take I'm in Manteca though

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com