Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Oil Pressure..................

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Oil Pressure..................
RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Okay, so every morning when I go to work the Oil pressure gauge signals rite in the middle where it should be, but then like after 10-15 minutes of driving it plummets all the way down close to the red signaling LOW Oil pressure, or say I drive my notch and then park it for a long period of time and then leave, it will go back to normal rite in the middle, but ten minutes later it will go back down to low oil pressure.

I don't get this shit because I've checked my oil dipstick and it has more than enough oil in there, it goes beyond the crosshairs, the dipstick does not lie.

It leaks from the rear main seal so I have to put oil in every 2-3 weeks, I don't know what it could be but this REALLY WORRIES ME because what If it gets down to the red, then I would be in some deep shit.

I'm thinking its a bad sensor but what do you guys think?

All help is gladly appreciated [patriot]

Oh, and If the dipstick reads that I have more than enough oil in there should I be worrying????

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your oil level has nothing to do with the gauge going close to the red you need to have your oil pressure check out
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your gauge in the cluster is bad bro or your oil sending unit is bad are your wire to the unit is bad?

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

5LiterSpeeder
¯
Member # 8234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5LiterSpeeder  Ford pictures for 5LiterSpeeder    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Make sure to check that the wire to your sending unit is snapped on all the way. This happened to me and my gauge went crazy.

--------------------
93'Ex 4cyl Notch TFS H/C/I 3.55s 4 wheel Cobra brakes, V2-SQ, 14 psi
RIP BRANDON, SILVERLX-

Posts: 561 | From: Healdsburg | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5LiterSpeeder:
Make sure to check that the wire to your sending unit is snapped on all the way. This happened to me and my gauge went crazy.

Where would this wire to my sending unit be located, would I have to pull the dash in order to get to it?
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
either hook up a autometer gauge or oil pressure tester tool and find out what the real oil pressure is. stock gauge is pretty useless

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
SVTGOD
¯
Member # 8613

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGOD  Ford pictures for SVTGOD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check the wire at the sensor and just to be safe put a manual oil pressure guage.

--------------------
R.I.P
Willie Guzman
my brother
1991 notchback
1997 cobra
2003 cobra

5LiterSpeeder
¯
Member # 8234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5LiterSpeeder  Ford pictures for 5LiterSpeeder    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RODRIGUEZ:
quote:
Originally posted by 5LiterSpeeder:

Where would this wire to my sending unit be located, would I have to pull the dash in order to get to it?
The wire im talking about is in your engine compartment behind the factory power steering pump location. Its hooked to your oil pressure sending unit. Changing your oil pressure sending unit wouldn't be a bad idea either, there pretty cheap and easy to replace.

--------------------
93'Ex 4cyl Notch TFS H/C/I 3.55s 4 wheel Cobra brakes, V2-SQ, 14 psi
RIP BRANDON, SILVERLX-

Posts: 561 | From: Healdsburg | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com