Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » oil blowing out the dipstick (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: oil blowing out the dipstick
SVTGOD
¯
Member # 8613

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGOD  Ford pictures for SVTGOD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I finished my engine and when I tried to drive it the oil was coming out the dipstick and it blew the cap off the filler neck.

--------------------
R.I.P
Willie Guzman
my brother
1991 notchback
1997 cobra
2003 cobra

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your crank case isnt ventalated or hooked right try goin back to the stock routing of the pvc system
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
or you have one hell of a blow by problem
SVTGOD
¯
Member # 8613

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGOD  Ford pictures for SVTGOD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks ill check it I'm running the track heat manifold and I think its in the original routing but ill double check thanks it also has a new pcv valve

--------------------
R.I.P
Willie Guzman
my brother
1991 notchback
1997 cobra
2003 cobra

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

its not super charged is it
SVTGOD
¯
Member # 8613

No its just got. A 347

--------------------
R.I.P
Willie Guzman
my brother
1991 notchback
1997 cobra
2003 cobra

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Before you installed the intake, did you check to make sure there was a shield on the PCV hole and the screen was installed?

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
SVTGOD
¯
Member # 8613

The plate was on as was the screen theere was no tube that went from the tb but I put it on right now and I'm going to check if the pcv is getting vacuum

--------------------
R.I.P
Willie Guzman
my brother
1991 notchback
1997 cobra
2003 cobra

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it's NA and all is installed correctly, you have a huge problem. I have a "mail order" motor here now that has the same problem...and a #3 main/thrust bearing that's got more gap than Michael Strahan's front teeth. You may want to look into it, starting with a leakdown check.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

SVTGOD
¯
Member # 8613

Well I checked and there is vacuum going to the pvp, the engine is bran new, there is no smoke out the tail pipe or burning of any oil it sounds really good at idle and under load

--------------------
R.I.P
Willie Guzman
my brother
1991 notchback
1997 cobra
2003 cobra

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

What is your CR and what HCI setup?

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

SVTGOD
¯
Member # 8613

Heads are trickflow tw ported by robs mach. The cam is a comp cams 35-522. And the intake is tfs trackheat

--------------------
R.I.P
Willie Guzman
my brother
1991 notchback
1997 cobra
2003 cobra

SVTGOD
¯
Member # 8613

My cars a 91 with a 347 too

--------------------
R.I.P
Willie Guzman
my brother
1991 notchback
1997 cobra
2003 cobra

SVTGOD
¯
Member # 8613

Thanks john but if the main bearings have a lot of gap wouldn't it have low oil pressure?

--------------------
R.I.P
Willie Guzman
my brother
1991 notchback
1997 cobra
2003 cobra

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
If it's NA and all is installed correctly, you have a huge problem. I have a "mail order" motor here now that has the same problem...and a #3 main/thrust bearing that's got more gap than Michael Strahan's front teeth. You may want to look into it, starting with a leakdown check.

lmao (more gap than Michael Strahan's front teeth)
[Big Grin]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Thanks john but if the main bearings have a lot of gap wouldn't it have low oil pressure?

Not necessarily

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

the trust bearing controls front to rear movement of the crankshaft ,probably not your problem.do a leak down test now so your not wasting any more time.it sounds like this might be it. aint the 347 got the oil control problems with the wrist pin. i hope that aint it .does it only happen when u get on it? its probably blow by.
SVTGOD
¯
Member # 8613

The oil was leaking out of the dipstick on a rev (little bit) but it poped off when I drove it, but that was before I put back the line from the oin filler to the tb. It didn't pop of when I drove it after that it was just smoking a very little with the dipstick out.

--------------------
R.I.P
Willie Guzman
my brother
1991 notchback
1997 cobra
2003 cobra

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

you got blow brother, that sucks.opening that line to the throttle body just let it breath a little better. and lettin the presure blow vent right back in to the motor. your probably gonna have to tear the motor down and inspect and repair. you can do a leak down to see where exactly it coming from,rings ,or vavle guids, but normally its the rings that will let that much blow by happen. sorry to hear that.good luck. if you need help rebuilding on the motor stand complete rebuild from me is 700.john b on here i personnal know does good work also, and hes not as much money as me. if still runnin good the most youll have in parts is like 3 to 4 hundred.
SVTGOD
¯
Member # 8613

Thanks for the help I'm going to do a leak down and then if it is the rings ill just end up doing a complete rebuild on it

--------------------
R.I.P
Willie Guzman
my brother
1991 notchback
1997 cobra
2003 cobra

SVTGOD
¯
Member # 8613

I did a compression test on all cylinders and they were all 150 except cylinder number 2 it was about 100-110 I'm going to adjust that valve and do the comp. Test again and if its still low I'm going to do the leakdown test. Could that be a ring seating problem

--------------------
R.I.P
Willie Guzman
my brother
1991 notchback
1997 cobra
2003 cobra

SVTGOD
¯
Member # 8613

Update on my piece of sh** I just did a leakdown test and number 2 cylinder is leaking through the oil filler neck the compression is 110 and all other ones are 150. Should I just re ring and hone that one cylinder or do all of them. The motor has less than 100 miles on it. Its a mail order engine

--------------------
R.I.P
Willie Guzman
my brother
1991 notchback
1997 cobra
2003 cobra

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mail order from where?
SVTGOD
¯
Member # 8613

Blueprint engines just the shortblock

--------------------
R.I.P
Willie Guzman
my brother
1991 notchback
1997 cobra
2003 cobra

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

If you recently bought it, send it back! You obviously paid good money for it, why fix their potential mistake?

Sounds like it needs a set of rings...OR your cylinder head has an issue.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com