Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » my gas pedal is stuck to the floor/state ref

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: my gas pedal is stuck to the floor/state ref
nastynotch89
Member # 9438

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nastynotch89  Ford pictures for nastynotch89  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ive checked the stock throtle body and it springs back fine, and the cable isnt tangled anywere, but wen i step on the gas pedal it stays on the floor and i have to go back to the throtle body to pull it back out.....oh and i also have to take my car to the state ref, anyone knows what the check for?
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by nastynotch89:
ive checked the stock throtle body and it springs back fine, and the cable isnt tangled anywere, but wen i step on the gas pedal it stays on the floor and i have to go back to the throtle body to pull it back out.....oh and i also have to take my car to the state ref, anyone knows what the check for?

remove the cable an open the t body blade open then let go of it if stays suck open try cleaning it.an the state ref you need to look it up or i belive the tell you on your ticket were to go
nastynotch89
Member # 9438

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nastynotch89  Ford pictures for nastynotch89  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
checked it and its not sticking
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
take off your cruz control see what happens?

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the throttle cable is probably jacked up, replace it...you can find one at the junkyard pretty easily.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
make sure its routed correct

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
the throttle cable is probably jacked up, replace it...you can find one at the junkyard pretty easily.

YES

quote:
Originally posted by gercolla1:
make sure its routed correct

YES [Smile] Check to see if it is hitting the heater rails or not routed properly.

Don't drive the car like this.. the results could be VERY bad. [Wink]

[ September 22, 2009, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: 92stangLX ]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com