Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Looking for a local tuner - Ford EPEC Computer

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for a local tuner - Ford EPEC Computer
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was wondering if anyone knows of a local tuner that has experience tuning the old Ford EPEC. I know that this stand-alone computer is old, but, I know that for my needs the EPEC can still accomplish them, however, I need to find someone that has experience tuning with it.

--------------------
1992 Geo Metro, Running 32's in the quarter-mile

Posts: 1055 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I ran one for several years, what kind of help do you need. Are you running piggyback or standalone???

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
I ran one for several years, what kind of help do you need. Are you running piggyback or standalone???

I'm currently using it as a standalone on my s-trim coupe. The car was previously tuned for a 331 stroker motor by LaRoccas Performance, which ended up going bye-bye after a few months, but then I got an engine built, but didn't go over .30, so it's a 327. Other than that, the car is pretty much the same way I bought it, however, the car is running super rich and I have no idea as to why. Soon I have planned to get a twin turbo setup and an 02 wideband installed. The car hasn't been started in about two years and I just want to know where to begin on how to use this computer or if I can take it to someone or better yet someone come to my house to show me how to use it that would be great.
Posts: 1055 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Standalone is tuff. I always ran piggyback. But i would set it low around 1500rpms. So anything above that would run off the piggyback

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com