Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 5.0 swap...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 5.0 swap...
SN95GOBOT
¯
Member # 8998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SN95GOBOT  Ford pictures for SN95GOBOT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2 things.. im doing a 5.0 swap into my 91 coupe 2.3l.. i want to know if anyone can help with a list of parts i need to do a complete setup of a 5.0 and the second is does anyone know of someone who can do the swap and or know a shop that can...i really dont want this 88hp car..
Posts: 30 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
buy a running, wrecked, 5.0 of the same year and swap everything. Much easier than collecting parts.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup, this would be easiest, because things change from year to year, nothing too big but little things,like the location of the ECUand what not.

If your going to pay a shop to do it then your probably going to end up paying just as much then you would have buying an original 5.0 that needs a little work.

I forget the guys name on here that works at a shop tha does 4cyl to 8cyl conversions, look around though..

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just remember to change fule lines rear end transmission engine harness ecu breaks break booster master cylinder fuel pump i might of missed a few things oh spindles hope this helps

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
mrcoupe
¯
Member # 8912

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrcoupe  Ford pictures for mrcoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
buy a running, wrecked, 5.0 of the same year and swap everything. Much easier than collecting parts.

+1 i converted my 91 coupe to a 5.0 using a complete 89 i had much much easier.only problem i ran into is that the engine harnesses on i think 90 or 91 and up are different were the harness that comes thrue the fire wall on the driver side had one plug on the coupe and on the 89 it has 2 so the 89 main engine harness wouldnt plug in right there.so make sure u have 2 plugs on ur coupe or just get the same year engine harness. if u get the 5.0 doner car im willing to do the swap for u.ive done it bofore and could use the money.pm me if interested

--------------------
03 termi

RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much to do a swap Monk?

I have a cousin in Vacaville thats on my coupes nuts but he can't afford an original one, I tell him to do a swap but he's not very knowledgeable when it comes to cars, thanks.

mrcoupe
¯
Member # 8912

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrcoupe  Ford pictures for mrcoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RODRIGUEZ:
How much to do a swap Monk?

I have a cousin in Vacaville thats on my coupes nuts but he can't afford an original one, I tell him to do a swap but he's not very knowledgeable when it comes to cars, thanks.

honestly its a bit of work so ima say 500. but if u think about it by the time u get either a parts car or all the parts to convert it plus the 500 to get it converted u might as well just bye an already 5.0 5speed car. unless u already got a doner car like i did than its worth it.up to u [dance]

--------------------
03 termi

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com