Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » T3650 issue

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: T3650 issue
juniorhm
¯
Member # 9446

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for juniorhm  Ford pictures for juniorhm    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys, my damn tranny is messed up...
I try and shift into second gear and i have to wait for the rpm's to go down or else the damn thing will start grinding...
Some people were telling me that it might be the throuwout bearing or the 2nd gear synchro..
Every other gear shift's fine.Im kind of mad cause its my daily grrrr...
Has anyone had this issue/ problem? Wheres a good shope that i can get it fixed for a good price?
College kid still lol

Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its most likely a worn out 2nd gear synchro. synchronizer rings are like brake pads, they are there to slow down the gears so that the slider can easily mesh with the engagement teeth on the gears. you should have that synchro changed asap, all that grinding is going to mess up that gears engagement teeth and the gears are exspensive to replace on those transmissions.

[ September 10, 2009, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: 91fox ]

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

Scoop
¯
Member # 8726

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoop  Ford pictures for Scoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+2 on sychro
Posts: 1121 | From: Out Chillin | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
modded3v
¯
Member # 9410

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modded3v  Ford pictures for modded3v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
3650 is out of the newer gt's right? 05+? if so its the 2nd gear syncro. ford just did a recall on that. so make sure you get it fixed asap. if you want the full info go to modularfords and get the pdf files to infor you about it.
blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
3650 was 01 1/2 up not sure if the 05+ have them, I have a 3650 out of a Mach 1 that has the lower 5th gear ratio that was popping out of 2nd gear if you want to buy for a core to rebuild.

--------------------
95 cobra blown 331 gr40 suspension
***NEED QUALITY WORK FOR HALF THE PRICE? I DO SIDE JOBS! PM FOR DETAILS***
www.norcalmotorcompany.com

Posts: 1434 | From: roseville | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com