Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need HELP!! Rear End

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need HELP!! Rear End
falcon
¯
Member # 7577

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for falcon  Ford pictures for falcon  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, after reading a ton of threads on welding up gears for extra traction, I went ahead and welded mine up.

I put the third member back in and went to pull out of my garage, and I just roasted my clutch. I figured that maybe there was some slag left in the bearing, so I dropped it in first, and lo and behold something broke loose.

I'm really not happy at all this BS talk. I welded my junk really well. And now my driveline is twisted up like a damn pretzel.

What the hell did you all do differently?

-

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
do you have more pics? cause by what i can see from this pic is.. you welded in the wrong spot.. your not supose to weld the pinion gear to the ring gear.. that will never turn! you weld the spider gears inside of the carrier. that way it ties the axles together. makeing it a okie rigged spool.. [patriot]

ps. who ever told you to weld it like this. [Whoo Whooooo!] should be kicked in the balls....imo!

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow....yea +1 on welding the carrier gears not the ring and pinion............if you want a spool just spend the 120 bucks and buy one

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that cant be real, how are you gonna get that back in the housing? But +1 on buying a spool much stronger. [Whoo Whooooo!]
falcon
¯
Member # 7577

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for falcon  Ford pictures for falcon  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just shoed pics out of the housing...does the pictures matter?

In housing

-

falcon
¯
Member # 7577

Should I have had it tiged welded?

Someone on another forum said I should've used nickle rod?

Suggestions?

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess there are idiots like you doing this all over the place... Funny thing is it's the same fucking picture and description. Quit wasting every ones time with stupid posts....

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1099511

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

[ February 25, 2009, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did I answer all your questions????

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sic9250 tell that how it's done that were looks like something he would do

[ February 25, 2009, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: fasthatch ]

SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
I guess there are idiots like you doing this all over the place... Funny thing is it's the same fucking picture and description. Quit wasting every ones time with stupid posts....

lmfao
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What kind of rear end is that? Has braces from the caps? Interested in the make? model? Anyone know? I realize this is probably truck or something but let me know.

[ February 25, 2009, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: 92sleeper ]

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have seen this on a couple sites i'm not sure. i originally saw it on pirate4x4.com

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by falcon:

Suggestions?

dude your a fag! plain and simple. some people use tech to get help.. but some fags like you just use it to be a ass.. [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

falcon
¯
Member # 7577

quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
quote:

Suggestions?

dude your a fag! plain and simple. some people use tech to get help.. but some fags like you just use it to be a ass.. [patriot]
Yeah, thats it. I like to have sex with men because I posted a stupid thread - that maybe would've entertained a few. [patriot]

I didn't realize that it would be the end of the world.

quote:

I'm sorry I ruined your day and wasted your time.

[Roll Eyes]

falcon
¯
Member # 7577

quote:
Originally posted by 92sleeper:
What kind of rear end is that? Has braces from the caps? Interested in the make? model? Anyone know? I realize this is probably truck or something but let me know.

I believe its out of a toyota.

I've made some supports for the 9" and 8" ford that I've tried to make work. I don't have any pictures right at hand, but from we put together I'm sure it helps a little, but who knows..

I would like to get a camera inside a carrier one day on a decent car and see how much it moves around.

I remember watching a video some time back about valve train components with a slow speed camera. Very interesting on how much the valve train moves around at RPM.

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Don't worry about it douche bag. Here is the meaning of fag... It definitely doesn't mean to have sex with men idiot.

Origin:
1425–75; late ME fagge broken thread in cloth, loose end (of obscure orig.); sense development appar.: drooping end > to droop, tire > to make weary > drudgery, drudge (cf. relationship of flag 1 to flag 3 ); (def. 6) a shortening of fag end (a butt, hence a cigarette)

[ February 25, 2009, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Greasy ]

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

falcon
¯
Member # 7577

quote:
Don't worry about it douche bag. Here is the meaning of fag... It definitely doesn't mean to have sex with men idiot.

Origin:
1425–75; late ME fagge broken thread in cloth, loose end (of obscure orig.); sense development appar.: drooping end > to droop, tire > to make weary > drudgery, drudge (cf. relationship of flag 1 to flag 3 ); (def. 6) a shortening of fag end (a butt, hence a cigarette)

[Big Grin]

Thanks for clearing that up for me [worship]

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

Suggestions?

an some people use general talk for tech questions an jon just so you know falcon has a coupe that will break or ass off
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
quote:

Suggestions?

an some people use general talk for tech questions an jon just so you know falcon has a coupe that will break or ass off
yup some ppl do use it for tech...and some people waste their time to answer questions in tech to help out... whats your point dave? you have none.. and quit nut swinging off people.. i'm shocked you didn't say jon paul could beat me.. and don't sweat it dave soon as my crank gets here i'll be in the 8's..so if he can drag me so be it.. but i got more than anuff for your broke down pos! [patriot]

ps. dave if your going to try to blast me.. you might want to learn how to type/spell.
just stick to talking shit on brandon..

[ February 25, 2009, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, everyone has had their fun. If anyone has anything useful to post, go for it..

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com