Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » WHO HAS DONE A EFI 5.0 T-5 SET UP IN A 64-68 MUSTANG????

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: WHO HAS DONE A EFI 5.0 T-5 SET UP IN A 64-68 MUSTANG????
totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for totalkaos92  Ford pictures for totalkaos92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im in the process of doing one and have questions about the best route to go.

i know i saw a member on here at the CA FORDS car show some years back with a blue 6? with a t5 any idea who that is?

any help would be nice

wanna use the 5.0 clutch cable set up, any body done that?

Posts: 2175 | From: the bay area | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haven't done one myself, but have worked on a few 60's with efi & a t-5.. the best way imo, is to use company like painless for the harness. makes it much easier. as for the t-5 set up there are company's like mustangs plus that sale conversion kits to change over to cable style clutches.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for totalkaos92  Ford pictures for totalkaos92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my ? lie in the behind dash board wiring, i read some where to run a seperate fuse box?

does thaat sound right?

and when doing the clutch cable set up, its all fox body trans part right, no special fork?

95628stang
¯
Member # 8478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95628stang  Ford pictures for 95628stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I refer to this site quite often for EFI in an early mustang. Lots of good info there and should have the answers to all your questions.
http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/

For the T5 cable, you might try this set up.

http://www.mustangsteve.com/cable.html

[ January 27, 2009, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: 95628stang ]

Posts: 32 | From: Fair Oaks,CA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

quote:
Originally posted by 95628stang:
I refer to this site quite often for EFI in an early mustang. Lots of good info there and should have the answers to all your questions.
http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/

For the T5 cable, you might try this set up.

http://www.mustangsteve.com/cable.html

thanks [patriot]
totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

quote:
Originally posted by warhorse58gt:
haven't done one myself, but have worked on a few 60's with efi & a t-5.. the best way imo, is to use company like painless for the harness. makes it much easier. as for the t-5 set up there are company's like mustangs plus that sale conversion kits to change over to cable style clutches.

i keep reading that its best to take a 89-93 harness apart just so you can know all thats going on [patriot]
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cable setup is by far the best way to go. I have had friends try to use every other method out there, from late blocks with early 4-speeds, to t-5's with early blocks, late bellhousings and early linkage, every combo you can imagine.

The simplest way is to get a cable operated late model style setup.

totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

[Roll Eyes]
thanks, did he do efi? yeah i think thats the best way to go also

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No, carburetor guys.

From what I have seen at SEMA, Painless is definitely top dog in the conversion wiring harness world. They are expensive, though. I sold an engine harness out of a 5.0 to a guy who got it all put together and running from carb to EFI in a weekend. It can be done!

BOOSTED92GT
¯
Member # 8650

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOOSTED92GT  Ford pictures for BOOSTED92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anybody ever used this? http://rjminjectiontech.com/?p=3

--------------------
71 f250
68 coupe, soon to have terminator motor/trans/irs

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phildog:
No, carburetor guys.

From what I have seen at SEMA, Painless is definitely top dog in the conversion wiring harness world. They are expensive, though. I sold an engine harness out of a 5.0 to a guy who got it all put together and running from carb to EFI in a weekend. It can be done!

pain less is around 560-590.. there is a better company that about $30 more but come with wire insalation.

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
factory 89 harness A9s computer with tremec3550 trans in my 67fastback

-

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
silver n black
¯
Member # 8369

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silver n black  Ford pictures for silver n black    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how did u tap into the ignition part of the harness
totalkaos92
¯
Member # 5750

quote:
Originally posted by silver n black:
how did u tap into the ignition part of the harness

thats my question also
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that was back in 2003

good luck [patriot]

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
silver n black
¯
Member # 8369

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silver n black  Ford pictures for silver n black    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so where n da harness did u tap n2 it. to fireit up i hv the 89 harness as well
65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a 65 mustang that was efi 408 and a g force t 5. i went with the ford fuel injection harness they sell. by far the best harness ive seen. only like 5 to 8 wires to hook up depending on your acc. and its runnin. i did the whole diet down a fox harness and i got it to work but its really time consuming and not very clean and you have to replace broken connectors. everything is new with the ffi harness. the t5 was easy. just use a fox bell housing fork throw out bearing mount. all you need is a swap crossmember and a cable. i got the ron morris one and im pretty happy with it. let me know if you need some help or pics.

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com