Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Any C-4 Transmission experts out there?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Any C-4 Transmission experts out there?
Dennis L
¯
Member # 5014

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dennis L  Ford pictures for Dennis L    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just got my 29 Ford running. It has a early 289 in it hooked up to a C-4 automatic> Now that i have it running I have found out the transmission seems to be purging all the tans fluid out the vent pipe on the drivers side> I mean this is a major gusher of fluid> The trans was rebuilt 10 to 15 years ago then just sat without being used. I filled it with fluid when I was prepping the 289 to start. I have been able to drive the car and I got it to shift into second, before I had to back off the gas. It also goes into reverse fine but it just pumps the fluid out so fast you can't drive it. [Confused]

--------------------
Dennis L

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would post the question here www.clickclickracing.com

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

71MercGT
¯
Member # 4305

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 71MercGT  Ford pictures for 71MercGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would have to say that line is for the transmission cooler, running to your radiator or aux cooler if you had one.
Dennis L
¯
Member # 5014

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dennis L  Ford pictures for Dennis L    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thought I'd let you all know that I was able to put the car on a lift and look at a little closer when it was running. The problem turned out to be a large round seal next to the vent tube that was not correctly installed. Replaced that and the leak is stopped. Then I noticed 2 small leaks in my brakelines at the fittings!!! :rolleyes:Something ele to work on now.

--------------------
Dennis L

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com