Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » navigator owners please enter

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: navigator owners please enter
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thinking about getting rid of my f250 diesel an buying an 04-07 navi, what kind of fuel mileage do you guys get, pros and cons of the vehicle in general? and other opinions?
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHORTSHIFTER89  Ford pictures for SHORTSHIFTER89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wish i could tell you anything good about the gas but i cant. but all the gators are nice inside and out. As long as you dont drive it in town alot you will be good. my gator had been sitting in the garage for so long that the tires started going flat all 4 of them.lol thats the only reason why i took it out to drive it. good luck

--------------------
1989 Mustang 5.0 HCI NOW SUPERCHARGED
2013 Range Rover Sport
2011 Bmw 5501 twin turbo 530HP
1998 silverado c1500 cheyenne

Posts: 923 | From: 707 hillside | Registered: Jul 2007  |  :
venommS
¯
Member # 7837

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venommS  Ford pictures for venommS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had an 04 but sold it. City gas mileage sucked, highway not too bad but they do require 91 octane which would really suck right now. The extra space was always a plus except when I had to park in tiny spaces, but I'm sure you are used to that with your F-250. The ammenities on a fully loaded model are on par with BMW. If you can handle the gas I would recommend it. [Smile]
Posts: 104 | From: American Canyon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what kind of gas mileage do you guys get, i bet its better than my 10 or 11 miles to the gallon and also premium would be a bargain compared to my deisel prices at 5.00 to 5.30 a gal. thanks for the info, a little more insight to the mileage per gallon may be my deciding factor, also what price rage should i see i'm finding 04-05 navis fully loaded with 33xxx to 72xxx from 14k to 17k and 06-07navis similar miles from 18k to 21k, does this sound right?
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 707vibrantcobra93:
what kind of gas mileage do you guys get, i bet its better than my 10 or 11 miles to the gallon and also premium would be a bargain compared to my deisel prices at 5.00 to 5.30 a gal. thanks for the info, a little more insight to the mileage per gallon may be my deciding factor, also what price rage should i see i'm finding 04-05 navis fully loaded with 33xxx to 72xxx from 14k to 17k and 06-07navis similar miles from 18k to 21k, does this sound right?

My good friend had one and it was a REALLY nice ride as other's have confirmed. Gas on the other hand was ridiculous [Eek!] He got 11-12 MPG no matter if He was in town, on the highway, or towing.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

i guess thats even a savings at a dollar less a gallon than what i'm paying, but my luck i'll getr rid of the desiel and the price will drop below regular gas again [Confused]
SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHORTSHIFTER89  Ford pictures for SHORTSHIFTER89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i cant really brake down the gas mileage anymore cus i dont drive the gator at all. well only on dates. [Wink] but i did put $50buck 87octane in my truck and drove it to sac and on the on the way back i had to stop in fairfield just to put another $20 bucks in it just to make it back to vallejo. not good.lol but hell at $5.00 a gallon for your F250 i should not even be conplaining. [worship]

--------------------
1989 Mustang 5.0 HCI NOW SUPERCHARGED
2013 Range Rover Sport
2011 Bmw 5501 twin turbo 530HP
1998 silverado c1500 cheyenne

Posts: 923 | From: 707 hillside | Registered: Jul 2007  |  :
venommS
¯
Member # 7837

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venommS  Ford pictures for venommS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those prices sound good considering I paid $65000 for mine in 2004. If I recall sticker estimated gas at 12 mpg city 15 mpg highway but we all know that those estimates are bogus. I think on highway driving to LA I got 350-375 mpg on a full tank which would be approx 17-18 mpg. I think city on a full tank would get approx 225-250 mpg which would drop it down to about 11-12 mpg. I think considering what you pay for disel and the mpg of your f-250 you will save lots of dough! [patriot]

[ July 29, 2008, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: venommS ]

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

thanks for all the info guys and yeah i guess with what i pay now anything else is a deal, the only other thing i would like to know is how happy you guys are with the performance and comforts of your trucks, they seem nice in pictures but never really toyed around with one, i oly drive a mile and a half to work so gas isn't gonna be that bad, i'm almost convinced that this is the vehicle for me
venommS
¯
Member # 7837

I was happy with the 305hp in my Navi it accelerated nicely for its' size drove smooth even with the 22's I had on it. It had a comfortable ride and felt solid and safe on the road. I just threw a K&N filter in it to help it breathe. I only got rid of it because I was so impressed with the new X5's otherwise I would have kept it.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com