Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » IAC QUESTION (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: IAC QUESTION
SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHORTSHIFTER89  Ford pictures for SHORTSHIFTER89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
CAN MY IAC BE CLEANED AND WHAT CAN I CLEAN IT WITH ALONG WITH MY THROTTLE BODY? I HAVE THE IAC OFF ALREADY JUST WAITING ON A RESPONSE. THANKS

--------------------
1989 Mustang 5.0 HCI NOW SUPERCHARGED
2013 Range Rover Sport
2011 Bmw 5501 twin turbo 530HP
1998 silverado c1500 cheyenne

Posts: 923 | From: 707 hillside | Registered: Jul 2007  |  :
92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you could use throttle body, carb cleaner or even brake cleaner, just make sure its dry before installing

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHORTSHIFTER89  Ford pictures for SHORTSHIFTER89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I DONT HAVE BRAKE OR CARB CLEANER. ALL I HAVE IS PYROIL STARTING FLUID AND CRC MASS AIR FLOW CLEANER

--------------------
2013 Range Rover Sport

mastercudaz
¯
Member # 7486

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mastercudaz  Ford pictures for mastercudaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You will need something to cut through the carbon-like build up, mass air cleaner probably wont work. You probably need to buy some brake or carb cleaner.

--------------------
1990 Mustang GT

93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get some carb cleaner.. the maf sensor cleaner isn't strong enough.. and the starting fluid, doesn't clean.... it burns...
Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

OKAY GUYS OFF TO KRAGEN I GO THANKS ALOT FOR THE HELP. [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Range Rover Sport

SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

OKAY ONE MORE QUICK QUESTION BEFORE I LEAVE TO KRAGEN WHAT ABOUT THE EGR WHAT CAN THAT BE CLEANED WITH SINCE IM CLEANTING THE THORTTLE AND IAC? CAN I STILL USE THE THROTTLE CLEANER?

--------------------
2013 Range Rover Sport

93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
clean the egr and the iac with carb cleaner... use tbody cleaner on the tbody.. don't use carb cleaner on it.. it will strip the protective film on it...
Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

okay back and cleaned egr and iac and throttle body and now letting everything dry before putting back on. im useing the gumout air intake @ Throttle body cleaner. hope this helps thought cap and rotor would solve the problem [Mad]

already changed the plugs coil cap rotor eec or ecc now this. [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
2013 Range Rover Sport

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SHORTSHIFTER89:
okay back and cleaned egr and iac and throttle body and now letting everything dry before putting back on. im useing the gumout air intake @ Throttle body cleaner. hope this helps thought cap and rotor would solve the problem [Mad]

already changed the plugs coil cap rotor eec or ecc now this. [Mad] [Mad]

What is your problem?
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

Rough ideling. when starting up car rpm's danceing sputtering shutting off changed the cat and rottor ran fine for a few hours but when i went the work the next morning bamm sputtering cutting off back fireing. been parked since. trying to do all the basic stuff nothing's working car is starting up idel's for a min then runs rough and cuts off. changed eec plus coil cleanted iac throttle body egr. im guessing next plug wires

--------------------
2013 Range Rover Sport

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SHORTSHIFTER89:
Rough ideling. when starting up car rpm's danceing sputtering shutting off changed the cat and rottor ran fine for a few hours but when i went the work the next morning bamm sputtering cutting off back fireing. been parked since. trying to do all the basic stuff nothing's working car is starting up idel's for a min then runs rough and cuts off. changed eec plus coil cleanted iac throttle body egr. im guessing next plug wires

What is your fuel pressure doing?

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

i havent checked the fuel pressure yet turbo50 but i think im going to take it to the shop this weekend. since i dont have the right stuff the run codes. check engine light comes on when i turne the key and stays off. today when i come home from work again started right up no problem i let run for a few mins and nothing happend no spurtering then i shut it off. im just going to leave it alone until saturday morning and take it to the shop and be done.

--------------------
2013 Range Rover Sport

FORDNUT
CAFords OG
Member # 2348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FORDNUT  Ford pictures for FORDNUT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try replacing your TFI..
Posts: 650 | From: Elk Grove,CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
mastercudaz
¯
Member # 7486

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mastercudaz  Ford pictures for mastercudaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have you recently done a tuneup? PCV, Fuel Filter, plugs, plug wires, dizzy cap and rotor? If not I would try doing that first before paying anyone to look at it.

Also, for codes, you dont need a code scanner, but they are only like $20 at kragen and its so easy to get codes.

http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,2471.0.html

[ July 15, 2008, 07:34 PM: Message edited by: mastercudaz ]

--------------------
1990 Mustang GT

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FORDNUT:
Try replacing your TFI..

+1
SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

naw havent don a conplete tune up yet but i think before i take it to the shop im going to do that i have started done the plugs but not the wires will do that thursday. changed the oil and noticed that i over fillied the dip stick changed and cleaned the littile things. when i went to ford monday to buy the ecc i had brought the old distributor to buy the tool that takes that off so i could replace the one on the msd dis but the lady said that i could not take that off with a socket so i need to take it to the shop. so i will do that and switch over the distributors to see if that the problem.

--------------------
2013 Range Rover Sport

SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

she also stated that her bet is that the pick up coil in the distributor is bad so i would be better just changeing the whole thing. funny thing to me is that this would be my 3msd distributor in a year in a half if thats the problem. first one was a defect so it did not work period now this one could be bad not sure on buying a 3rd one so soon. no i heard about the msd coils going bad real fast but not the distributors. but we will see im also going to put the stock one back in just to see. has anybody else had a msd distr problem before? [Mad]

--------------------
2013 Range Rover Sport

SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

okay updateing the ideleing problem. i took it to the shop today same guy that i have been dealing with for many years and never had a problem with his work at all. so i prety much trust his work. okay this is what we checked

wires they were good and sparking
plugs and wires plugs are brand new not even a week old all thats good car still trippen
he checked the time on the distributor and set it car still trippen but sounding alittile better
so after going over just about all the littile things car still turning off running rough ideling bad after a min or two. so even he is stuck saying it could be anything no tellen
so last we went the the compression check to make sure all is well and it was at 125 so he said that was good so we both was like well what the hell and the car starts up fine evertime sounds really good runs hard. So last i turn the car on and he starts to take the injector wires off one at a time while the car is running nothing the car stays the same but for some funny reason it's not cutting off but ideling better a littile so he did this to all the ones up front that he could get to car still running not cutting off so he tells me to go ahead and drive it now to see what happens but now it's not cutting off at the momment so when i leaveit's still sputtering and acting like it's going to cut off at a light i go get some gas take the back roads and punch it on sputting alittile bit now get gas rideing it around and nothing no more sputting for now atleast. but im on my way back to the shop im kinda thinking about changeing the injectors there #19 and i was going to change all that this month with the H C I and #24's what do you guys think should i just role the same and wait to do the whole thing since the compression has already been check and is good.?

--------------------
2013 Range Rover Sport

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can check your own codes with a paper clip if you have a working check engine light. I do it all the time when my car has issues. I'll get a pic of my setup so you can see where to place the paper clip or wire if you are interested.
SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

yes my check engine light works. hell i will try anything at this point. i thought it would be something simple when this first started but damm it's beginning to be to much.

--------------------
2013 Range Rover Sport

venommS
¯
Member # 7837

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venommS  Ford pictures for venommS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do the 5.0's have an internal coil in the distributor? If so I would check that out.
Posts: 104 | From: American Canyon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

yes they do venomms and thats what the lady at the for dealer ship also told me to check. i have a msd dis in the car now. and i still have my stock one so sometime next week im going to try that. it's called a PICK UP COIL.

--------------------
2013 Range Rover Sport

venommS
¯
Member # 7837

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venommS  Ford pictures for venommS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok. I never had that problem with my mustang but I had that issue with my integra back in 1995 and the shitty idle ended up being the internal (pick up) coil. It took Acura forever to diagnose that one. Good Luck!
Posts: 104 | From: American Canyon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
SHORTSHIFTER89
¯
Member # 7810

thanks thats my next move.if that does not work then the fuel pump and fuel lines.

--------------------
2013 Range Rover Sport

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com