Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » My car keeps squeeking from the rear

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: My car keeps squeeking from the rear
01 GT
¯
Member # 7932

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 01 GT  Ford pictures for 01 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a 2001 mustang gt and i put koni racing springs on it and lower it it 1.5 inches, but now i hear a squeek from the rear the front is fine the rear has this light squeek that is sooooooooo anoying, and when i break it makes this wierd noise too from the back, it could be that i need new brakes but i dont know can anyone help me out?
Thirteen Twenty
¯
Member # 7961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thirteen Twenty  Ford pictures for Thirteen Twenty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did the squeak start immediately after you lowered it? if not I think most shops like big o or something will offer you a free brake check, If they do, stay with your car and ask them to show you the squeak and point out the problem, plenty of people will screw you, if they don't want you in the shop because of a "liability" take your car somewhere else.
Posts: 647 | From: union city | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
porchstang
¯
Member # 7937

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for porchstang  Ford pictures for porchstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When you switched the spring on the rear did you put the insolators back in or leave them out? Are the rear control arms stock or aftermarket?
Posts: 114 | From: Bakersfield | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
01 GT
¯
Member # 7932

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 01 GT  Ford pictures for 01 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ni i didnt notice it right after but its wierd because its not always there or i just dont pay close enough attention to it, but i made sure to put the rubbers back on because i knew they would sqweek for sure if i left them out

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com