Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » back tire set up question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: back tire set up question
soulsoffire
¯
Member # 7872

Ford Icon 11 posted      Profile for soulsoffire  Ford pictures for soulsoffire    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
can anyone help i recently bought 17x10.5 rims with 315/35/17tires and my car is lowered 2inches would i need to get spacers so the tires dont rub, and i have what kind and size of dums would i use with 5 lug alloy performance axle shaft
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
doubt their gonna fit. or at least look good. might work but being lowered that much i say its gonna rub hard. i ran 18x10.5 with standard fox width an punded the hell out of the inner fenders an rolled the outer fenders an was running an 305 nitto drag radials, an they run on the smaller size

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
soulsoffire
¯
Member # 7872

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for soulsoffire  Ford pictures for soulsoffire    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what if i put the stock spring back and raise them 2 inches
Thirteen Twenty
¯
Member # 7961

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thirteen Twenty  Ford pictures for Thirteen Twenty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what year car?? I ran 18x10.5's on my 01 with a 295 tire and car lowered 1-1/2" with no rub problems at all
Posts: 647 | From: union city | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
soulsoffire
¯
Member # 7872

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for soulsoffire  Ford pictures for soulsoffire    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1990 gt with cobras
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by soulsoffire:
1990 gt with cobras

whole different story. thats a negative. u can only do so much with a fox until u need to do hella shit to make wheels like that fit correctly

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
1990 gt with cobras

get a differnt size tire. im running 275's in the rear and 245's up front. My guess is the quad shocks are gone also?

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

soulsoffire
¯
Member # 7872

Thanks and what about using spacers would that make any difference
porchstang
¯
Member # 7937

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for porchstang  Ford pictures for porchstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlowN67:
doubt their gonna fit. or at least look good. might work but being lowered that much i say its gonna rub hard. i ran 18x10.5 with standard fox width an punded the hell out of the inner fenders an rolled the outer fenders an was running an 305 nitto drag radials, an they run on the smaller size

Just back half the car and put some mini tubs in! [Smile]
Posts: 114 | From: Bakersfield | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Thanks and what about using spacers would that make any difference

ya your going to need them in back. Im using them for mine.

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

soulsoffire
¯
Member # 7872

how big of a spacer would i need to buy
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no more than an 1/4 inch. are u putting this combo together or do u already have this set up an tring to make it work to ur car?

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

soulsoffire
¯
Member # 7872

putting on but what do i do about the quad shock
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've not tried to fit tires that big but I can say you are gonna have lots of problems.

Get your fenders rolled and go with 17x9's and 275's in the rear [patriot]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
soulsoffire
¯
Member # 7872

would i be able to fit the tires with stock springs, raise the back 2" with the Granatelli Motor Sports Rear Lower Control Arm and use a 1.5 or 2 spacers
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

ur not gonna need the spacers. i would say no more than a 1/4in. an remove the quad shock an pound the hell out of the inner fender, roll the outer. so i take it u have this rim set up already an want to make it work. if u have a good set of lower control arms an remove the quad shock u'll be fine on that subject. ur rear tires will sit just flush with the very outer edge of rear qrt panel. so yes raise it back up will be a must.

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com