Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Thinking of parting my car

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Thinking of parting my car
BlueLightning302
¯
Member # 3974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueLightning302  Ford pictures for BlueLightning302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok, i have a 1968 Mustang 6cyl 3spd manual that im thinking of parting out. some guy hit and run it (and an NSX as well) and then claimed the car stolen the next day. whether he lied or not, i'm screwed. the car seems pretty much totaled now, in my eyes anyways. the rear driver side 1/4 panel is smashed in half way into the trunk. really, its like its missing a quarter of the car, that whole corner is smashed in bad. it looks worse than it sounds.

anyways, if i part it out, what do i do with the rest of the car? is there someone i call that will come pick it up for free and just takes it? or is it gonna cost me? just lookin into what it really takes to part a car out and the aftermath.

[ December 28, 2007, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: BlueLightning302 ]

--------------------
Originally Member #935

2003 Mustang Cobra - Some mods

"Well, atleast the slow one's trying!!" - Al Bundy

carajo
¯
Member # 4426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for carajo  Ford pictures for carajo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
strip it all you want,then take your pink slip to pick-n-pull and they will send a flat bed to pick it up.some times they will give you a few bucks.

--------------------
06 magnum srt8 6.1
05 f250 lifted
94 gt wait till you see me!

Posts: 1468 | From: hate`n in richmond | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
WickedStang
¯
Member # 7692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WickedStang  Ford pictures for WickedStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got any pics? What color is the int. and ext.? Does it have the dash, dash pad and grill? I will be interested. Pm with more info Thanks

--------------------
04 mach1 BASSANI EXHAUST/C&L INTAKE
67STANG/CHP 347/BUILT C4/MOROSO DRAG SUSP.

Posts: 1581 | From: salinas831 | Registered: May 2007  |  :
BlueLightning302
¯
Member # 3974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueLightning302  Ford pictures for BlueLightning302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do you think pick n pull would take the car after even if i strip the car down?

The interior is black, it was pretty clean, not perfect but very good condition. the exterior is like a soft pale yellow color. still has the black license plates too. i'll post pic's tomorrow, its at a frieds house.

[ December 28, 2007, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: BlueLightning302 ]

--------------------
Originally Member #935

2003 Mustang Cobra - Some mods

"Well, atleast the slow one's trying!!" - Al Bundy

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com