Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Has any one had this???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Has any one had this???
jp
¯
Member # 8045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jp  Ford pictures for jp  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well i just did my intake swap this weekend and every thing went pretty good but know when I start it and it's cold it start's fine and idles at 750 but if I rev it up it falls to 500 rpm and act's like it's going to die and after a second or two it will idle fine agian rev it up same thing. After running for about 5 minutes it will no longer do that. Secondly I have a whistle but not all the time coming from my Iac I belive and when i turn it off it makes the same whistle noise is that normal??? As for my swap I put a new trickflow upper and lower bbk 75mm throttle body and bbk egr plate. It also has frpp header's and off road x pipe. The whistle that is coming from the Iac sound's like the whistle when you unplug it to do a idle . reset the car idles when warm at 750 and has good throttle response. My car used to have a rolling idle issue in which I replaced with factory ford part the, Egr and postion sensor the map sensor, and the tps. i also replaced the Iac and o2 sensors which i got from napa. My rolling idle was coming from my ten pin connectors which was also causing my check engine light to come and give many code's. sorry for the long post just wanted you to have the whole story.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com