Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » eibach spring install

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: eibach spring install
t-top50
¯
Member # 2735

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t-top50  Ford pictures for t-top50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK I am having the toughest time trying to install a pair of front pro-kit springs in my 88GT. The car is on jack stands and the a-arms can floop all the way down. I have spring compressors but they mount on the outside.

--------------------
87GT t-top
00 Saleen (clone)
97 E350 7.3 diesel

Posts: 2522 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
aaron, have u tried using a long breaker bar underneath the spring to get it seated? u can also remove the A arm from the kmember and use a jack to put everything back together.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

95gts
¯
Member # 8052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gts  Ford pictures for 95gts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yepp...a big breaker bar is the way to go

--------------------
supercharged 1995 gts, 2015 gt

Posts: 16 | From: pittsburg, ca | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
t-top50
¯
Member # 2735

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t-top50  Ford pictures for t-top50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alex, I will try the breaker bar again from the bottom. I have been trying to use it from the top.

--------------------
87GT t-top
00 Saleen (clone)
97 E350 7.3 diesel

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
aaron u might want to use 2 so u have more balanced force on the spring. i used one of those long 3' ones u can get from harbor freight. the end of the bar is curved so it helps keep the spring in place.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

t-top50
¯
Member # 2735

cool I have a complete Snap On pry/breaker bar set.

On another note, what is the size tires you are running with those 18" on the foxbody?

--------------------
87GT t-top
00 Saleen (clone)
97 E350 7.3 diesel

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

im running 245s in the front and 275s in the rear. the rear lips are rolled and quad shock hasnt been flipped. i think i can easily fit a 285 in the rear really.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com