Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 93 cobra rims

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 93 cobra rims
xap6kov
¯
Member # 7985

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xap6kov  Ford pictures for xap6kov    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did the 93 cobra rims ever come in 5 lug? and anyone know where is the best place to get them in case they did or the 4 lug version i guess.

I realy want to do a 5 lug conversion on my fox body but im realy set on getting those 93 cobra rims.

thanks for any help

Posts: 28 | From: San Francisco/Foster City | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
GreyLX
¯
Member # 5601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreyLX  Ford pictures for GreyLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No they never came in 5 lugs. There was a story on the corral about someone who made a few sets of 5 lug 93 cobra rims but the pics of them just looked like Tbird 15s of the same style.

Cheers,

[Big Grin]

--------------------
93GT DSS331 incon800tti

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
look here
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=947814

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
GreyLX
¯
Member # 5601

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreyLX  Ford pictures for GreyLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
look here
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=947814

Well thats news! [Big Grin]

That guy might lag hard on making those available for public consumption. I know he lagged with the latest batch of "Pony R's".

[Big Grin]

--------------------
93GT DSS331 incon800tti

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought that was a diffrent guy? They already have 30 sets spoken for.

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=947814&page=8
i'm order #7 on that thread. anyone wanna take my place? i have too many sets of rims as it is. think i'll be keepin the bullitts!

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STREETFIGHTER50:
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=947814&page=8
i'm order #7 on that thread. anyone wanna take my place? i have too many sets of rims as it is. think i'll be keepin the bullitts!

yeah wise choice..them bulllits look so nice that went u drove the car for a test drive, it made me think about keeping it..LOL

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

xap6kov
¯
Member # 7985

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xap6kov  Ford pictures for xap6kov    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by GreyLX:
No they never came in 5 lugs. There was a story on the corral about someone who made a few sets of 5 lug 93 cobra rims but the pics of them just looked like Tbird 15s of the same style.

Cheers,

[Big Grin]

Should i even bother with the conversion, or just gt the 4 lug cobra's.

Its a lot of work to get the 5 lug on and the rotors are smaller. And the cobra brake kits are hard to find.

Should i just put on better calipers on the stock 4 lug?

Posts: 28 | From: San Francisco/Foster City | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by xap6kov:
quote:
Originally posted by GreyLX:

Cheers,

[Big Grin]

Should i even bother with the conversion, or just gt the 4 lug cobra's.

Its a lot of work to get the 5 lug on and the rotors are smaller. And the cobra brake kits are hard to find.

Should i just put on better calipers on the stock 4 lug?

Psshhh, you can find cobra kits all day if you look hard enough. rotors are smaller if you go 5- lug how do you figure that?

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com