Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Tranny Questions

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Tranny Questions
ScottRF88
¯
Member # 7882

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScottRF88  Ford pictures for ScottRF88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hello I just met Haulinass Motorsport and he thinks my Clutch problems aren't from the clutch but maybe the tranny or idle wheel at the back of the tranny. Was wondering if others had this problem and if they know how to test for either.

The problem is that it's Tuff to shift into reverse but Haulin told me how to get that to stop and it works. Put it into 1st or 5th then into reverse seems to fix the problem but still hard to shift feels like I'm having to push the clutch peddle through the floor board at times. Also my leg that pushes the clutch is getting tired from pushing it in. Seems the warmer the car gets the harder to shift. Anyways any idea's would be helpfull. I am taking it to the shop next friday but wanting to know if I can do some tests before hand so I know what to tell him to look for first.

Thanks

--------------------
1988 Mustang GT
1993 Mustang LX Convertable sold

Lifes to short to not drive a Ford

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com