Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » How to install vortech FMU?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: How to install vortech FMU?
phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where dose the male/female lines connect to? And Where do i put the vacume line? Any pics would be great.

Thanks.

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the best way to install an FMU is:

1 - wrap tight in plastic bag

2 - open lid to your recycle bin

3 - Throw FMU in recycle bin

4 - close lid

5 - place recycle bin in street for city trash to get and take the dump.....

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DONT PUT IT ON!!!!

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The lines go in between the return (small) stock fuel line. Install the lines in between the connection at the intake manifold. As for the vaccum source, you want the strongest one possible; I've tee'd it off at the intake vac tree. Don't get crzy with the boost, it'll be fine.

When installed correctly, and when the diaphram is in good condition, they work.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOW, [Eek!] people really hate these things huh! Its only temporary. Ok, dose the vacume hook up to the bypass valve also? If not then what hooks up to the bypass valve?

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jordan_0806:
the best way to install an FMU is:

1 - wrap tight in plastic bag

2 - open lid to your recycle bin

3 - Throw FMU in recycle bin

4 - close lid

5 - place recycle bin in street for city trash to get and take the dump.....

Or you could:

1 - Rent Dump Truck

2 - Throw FMU into back of empty dump truck

3 - Drive Dump Truck to the dumps

4 - Tilt Bed up while video taping and lower FMU out of the truck

5 - Call Jimmy to buy 42lb injectors so he can have an excuse to buy some 60's [Big Grin]

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phat50:
WOW, [Eek!] people really hate these things huh! Its only temporary. Ok, dose the vacume hook up to the bypass valve also? If not then what hooks up to the bypass valve?

The FMU is a bandaid for not having a tune. Here is a link to the Vortech instructions

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/pdf/manuals/4FA218im.pdf

The FMU is covered on page 3. Basically do what JohnB said. You will need a fuel line disconnect tool to get the fuel lines off. Run the vaccum off of the tree.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Alright thanks, jimmy you crazy! [Big Grin] [patriot]

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FMU's work like they are intended to work. They jack fuel pressure under boost. they need the correct size disc,plus you better have a fuel pump that flows well under high pressure (GSS340). Most pumps loose volume as pressure goes up.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Im confussed, not sure if the male and female lines are in the right spot on my FMU. The one comeing stight down on the fmu is the male right? The line comeing stright down on the fmu suppost to hook to the fuel line going to the tank, but thats a male. [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com