Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Water Pump Pulley help!!??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Water Pump Pulley help!!??
The_MuffinMan25
¯
Member # 6235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The_MuffinMan25  Ford pictures for The_MuffinMan25    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I purchased a flow kooler water pump for my 88 H.O 5.0 engine. First off the flange the pulley bolts to has incorrect holes (flange holes and pulley holes dont line up) I was going to just drill them out(the pulley) and bolt on. I now noticed the main shaft the flange is connected to and the fan inside is lower then on my stock watwer pump and now my water pump pulley cant go on because the crank pulley. Is there anywhere I can buy A ribbed belt pulley that is not as wide?

Sorry for the long post.

Posts: 130 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it would be cheaper to go down to napa and buy the correct water pump for your application

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's what I was saying in the last post he had about this. If you want to run a short belt setup (p/s, a/c, smog delete). I will be more than glad to show you how without having to run a completely odd water pump/pulley setup.

I was running my 5.0 with a stock water pump and the p/s, a/c, smog all deleted. If you are interested, send me a PM or e-mail me, call me, whatever.

- Nathan -

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

The_MuffinMan25
¯
Member # 6235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The_MuffinMan25  Ford pictures for The_MuffinMan25    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The thing is the guy I bought this engine from didn't know what car it came from All he knew was someone had put an 88' H.O 5.0 in a lincoln town car. the ecu in the town car isn't designed for the engine and it ran like $h*t! I pulled the engine and have been buying parts to match an 88 5.0 I had bought the waterpump and no go. I went to autozone last night after about 15 minutes of pulling half thw waterpumps there off the shelf we finally found one that would work. It ended up listing ion the computer as an 86' Lincoln town car watewrpump. I dont know what this is in relation to any other 302 ford put in it's other cars. but I installed it last night and will be trying to sell the other pump.
Posts: 130 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If the engine was in a Lincoln and the water pump that finally ended up working is for a Lincoln, odds are you have a Lincoln motor. [Smile]

I'm not quite sure, but the timing covers may be different. Hence the reason why the water pump doesn't bolt up right.

I have a 5.0 from an '86 GT in my garage, if you end up needing any parts. Let me know. I am more than willing to send you the water pump (brand new when I pulled the motor), timing cover, balancer, whatever you think you need. All I ask is that you pay for the shipping, which shouldn't be too much.

If you need pulleys, I do have a set of underdrive pulleys (not alt pulley) I will sell you for a decent price. I have alot of parts just laying around that are either new or just slightly used.

Feel free to PM me for anything. [patriot]

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com