Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Sequential Turbo's

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sequential Turbo's
The_MuffinMan25
¯
Member # 6235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The_MuffinMan25  Ford pictures for The_MuffinMan25    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I looked online and didn't find anything. So do they make a set for a 302. I would appreciate any replies.

Tim

Posts: 130 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They do this on tractor pull diesels all the time.Its called staging or staged turbos.Its for ridiculous amounts of boost,probably more than a gas motor could safely use.Probably not much reason to stage turbos on a gas motor either.Not really neccessary when you could get adequate boost from a single or dual turbo setup.

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
The_MuffinMan25
¯
Member # 6235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The_MuffinMan25  Ford pictures for The_MuffinMan25    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mazda rx-7's (mid 90's) all came with sequential turbos as well as some toyota supra's they run fine and perform very well. It would not be too much for an engine and if a straight six or a rotary engine can handle a sequential turbo set up I'm sure our small and big block v8's can handle it. (No offense taken or meant to be given to you)
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
None taken or meant to be given.All im saying is its usually for 35 plus psi applications.These tractor pullers sometimes run like 200psi [Eek!]
in theyre setups.I just think it would be cheaper and easier to run a traditional single or twin turbo setup.

--------------------

The_MuffinMan25
¯
Member # 6235

I was just looking at my options.
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

I was just throwing in my two cents. [patriot]

--------------------

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by The_MuffinMan25:
Mazda rx-7's (mid 90's) all came with sequential turbos as well as some toyota supra's they run fine and perform very well. It would not be too much for an engine and if a straight six or a rotary engine can handle a sequential turbo set up I'm sure our small and big block v8's can handle it. (No offense taken or meant to be given to you)

I believe a supra bottom ends are not quite your average 6 cylinder. I believee they have higher grand cranks and hardware almost like diesel components.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bottom line - you dont need sequential for any mustang application, unless you are entering a tractor pull
The_MuffinMan25
¯
Member # 6235

ha ha you guys crack me up. Funny to read what you have to say. I guess theres no mustang designed kits out there. I guess it's roots or vortech for me....
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you are serous about a turbo I think the best value/performance/quality/customer service would be to contact ponydown or b&g and look for a 70mm turbo. I have not heard one bad thing about either of the two.
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by The_MuffinMan25:
ha ha you guys crack me up. Funny to read what you have to say. I guess theres no mustang designed kits out there. I guess it's roots or vortech for me....

I have never heard of any sequential turbo kits for a stang. You can get twin turbos and big single turbos. Both of these configurations will allow you to run lots of boost and lots of HP.

A blower setup would be a lot less money and a lot easier to install. However, there are companies like Hellion that make some bad ass bolt on turbo setups.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
If you are serous about a turbo I think the best value/performance/quality/customer service would be to contact ponydown or b&g and look for a 70mm turbo. I have not heard one bad thing about either of the two.

I got my hot parts from Ponydown. They are ok for the price.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com