Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » diffrence in fox clutch discs to sn95s discs(PICS!)UPDATED!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: diffrence in fox clutch discs to sn95s discs(PICS!)UPDATED!
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK...I Got A 94gt and my bud gave me a clutch off his 92 5.0 . I tried to put it on and the tranny will not go in properly,like a inch or lesser tried sevral times so i tried putting back the old one and it goes in FINE! [Confused] So i buy a new one off some one here and still same thing... ive noticed something,pls check the pics out to see if you guys think this can be my problem!

People say that 86 to 95 the clutch kits will fit right? well i try puuting on a clutch disc and pressure plate from a 92 coupe and the tranny will not close in all the way , tried everything! so i put the old disc(clutch) from the sn95 and the tranny fitted. HERE are pics!

-
 -
 -
 -

[ July 12, 2007, 04:08 AM: Message edited by: Eddie510- ]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

or could it be the disk, god damn,fuck sn95's! [Mad]

--------------------

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

well i took the tranny back off an took a look at the discs . I changed the discs on the tranny and the old disc(clutch) and put it in the shaft and and it has more space than the one of the FOX off a coupe. that would be the prob correct? [Confused]

--------------------

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:
well i took the tranny back off an took a look at the discs . I changed the discs on the tranny and the old disc(clutch) and put it in the shaft and and it has more space than the one of the FOX off a coupe. that would be the prob correct? [Confused]

I put the tanrsmission back up with the old clutch disc in there and BAM it fitted
[Frown] its just weird since people say and on summit and everywhere else exept kragen says 86-95 is the same. Anyone have any opinion to this or had the same problem??????????

[ July 08, 2007, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Eddie510- ]

--------------------

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

PLEASE SOMEONE TTT

--------------------

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

i dont think no one knows im talking about, i dont think im explaining my self correctly, im going to post some pics soon! [patriot]

--------------------

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The disc should be the same, I used a stock 96 Cobra clutch in my 88 and it worked great. The only thing I can think of is maybe you have the disc out of alignment with the pilot bearing in the crank so the input shaft wont go all the way in.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

asskicken. look at it, see if you see a prob [Frown] I need to get this car going, since shes driving my 88 [Mad] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

ttt

--------------------

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt for ya eddie, wish i knew, but beats me [Confused]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

TTT

--------------------

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
eddie.. did you ask laylo? he seems to know alot about fords.

or ask sheldon (big boy) fremont.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

no i diddnt , its just i never ran
into this problem ever.ttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

--------------------

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

[patriot]

--------------------

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

YUP IT HAS TO BE THIS PROBLEM FOR SURE. I just tried it again tonight with the clutch from the 92. I tried it the eaiser way which was putting the houseing first and than the t5 and from the bellhousing to the t5 theres about less than an inch of space! [Mad] I tried putting the bolts on and tighting it like that and nope, bolts almost stripped inside the housing! , so i take it off, and i put the old clutch disc and what do you know IT FITS! [Frown] Im going to see some clutches at storees tomorrow and pic one out thats the same size as the old one, this shit sucks, it lookes like im not getting no help because no one ever ran into this problem. ive done lots of tranny/clutch swaps for friends and my self and this one is a bitch

--------------------

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Frown]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

These are the numbers i found on the transmission:
-4A BORGWARNER Automotive
13-52-066-939
13-52-065-939
F4ZR-7003-BA REP-BA A2143

--------------------

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds to me like a clutch aligment problem an not letting the input shaft go into the pilot bearing. like mentioned b4. I'm running a spec3 26 spline on my gt out of an cobra an dont have a problem with it. so i think its just an aligment problem. good luck. call some people over to help u out cause i know tranny can get heavy after being very frustrated with it. an to also have someones other opinion there too.

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
nine
¯
Member # 6732

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nine  Ford pictures for nine    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The following companies use the same clutches/clutch discs for 86-95 5.0 Mustangs:

- Spec, http://specclutch.com/
- ACT, http://advancedclutch.com/
- Centerforce, http://centerforce.com/
- Ram, http://www.ramclutches.com/Applications/ford_1.htm

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com