Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Where to install Electric fuel pump in 65'??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Where to install Electric fuel pump in 65'??
The_MuffinMan25
¯
Member # 6235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The_MuffinMan25  Ford pictures for The_MuffinMan25    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I read that I should place the fuel pump as clos to the tank as possible but I'm not sure where the place it. I havn't had time to look under her. But I wanted to know if anyone has pics or a good place to put it? Thanks It's a Holley Red Electric Fuel pump (if it matters)

Thanks Tim

Posts: 130 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mine has a fuel cell, but here is where is I put my pump.
 -

[ July 06, 2007, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: Tinner ]

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
The_MuffinMan25
¯
Member # 6235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for The_MuffinMan25  Ford pictures for The_MuffinMan25    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought about bolts like that how are they mounted to the fuel cell? Also You put a fuel cell under the car where the gas tank goes?

Is that a fuel filter after the pump?

[ July 07, 2007, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: The_MuffinMan25 ]

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's not mounted to the fuel cell its mounted to an aluminum piece I made for the cell to sit on. If you look close you can see where I cut a hole out for the sump. The cell is sitting where the original tanks was and the filter is before the pump.
I found a couplemore pics.
 -
 -

[ July 08, 2007, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Tinner ]

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

The_MuffinMan25
¯
Member # 6235

Thanks I see now what kind of fuel filter is that is it threaded to match the lines?
Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

It is Aeromotives pre-pump filter.It comes w/ 10an female inlet and outlet

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph

The_MuffinMan25
¯
Member # 6235

Love the set up might have to steal some of your ideas. My only problem is I'm rinnung a regular tank and have to figure how to mount the pump to it. I guess I'll have to wait til I get a day off to go and check it out. Thanks for the help.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com