Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » *UPDATE* Pulled 4 codes, symptoms getting worse...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: *UPDATE* Pulled 4 codes, symptoms getting worse...
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I pulled 4 codes today: P0135, P1130, P1131, and P1132. Chilton manual keeps talking about h02s, is this my 02 sensors? Anyone have any ideas? I’m also having a lack of power periodically, rough idle, hesitation when I try to get on it, and feels like at times I am only running on a couple cylinders. Today when I was on the freeway I thought I was driving a WRX from the sound my car was producing. Any help is much appreciated!

[ May 04, 2007, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: rgtrahn ]

93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how many miles are on the car and does it have the stock midpipe? those are all 02 relates codes..
Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya, it has UPR mid-pipe, Im going to buy MIL's tomorrow from Sac Mustang, unless someone has another suggestion. The car has 90,000 on it. I did a compression test today, all but cylinders had 150psi except for 2 that had 130. I changed the inline fule filter and cleaned the mass air. So far so good, however I know it wont last. Does anyone think it could be a bad injector causing it to trip out?
BlueLightning302
¯
Member # 3974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueLightning302  Ford pictures for BlueLightning302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it could be a bad injector but i doubt it. it would have to be bad in that not only does it not fire off sometimes, but then leaks too when it does. How is the wiring on your o2 sensors? not stuck to any exhaust, right? how long have you been running the x pipe?

--------------------
Originally Member #935

2003 Mustang Cobra - Some mods

"Well, atleast the slow one's trying!!" - Al Bundy

93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
does anybody else think the compression is a little low? i mean my 96 cobra was supposed to be from 180-210..
BlueLightning302
¯
Member # 3974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueLightning302  Ford pictures for BlueLightning302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont think its too low, but more importantly would be a leak down test.

--------------------
Originally Member #935

2003 Mustang Cobra - Some mods

"Well, atleast the slow one's trying!!" - Al Bundy

Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what kind of compression test did you do? wet, dry or running? the 2 cylinders seem to be a bit low not sure of the exact specs. but in general you want no more than a 15 pound difference in all of the cylinders.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

I have been running my x-pipe for about 6 months just running around with my check engine light on, but w/ no problems. I did a dry test w/ and my Chilton manual told me that I want about 150pso w/ no more than a 25% difference between my lowest cylinder and my highest. W/ that being the car I am at a 20% difference. I was thinking about different things I have done to the motor to clean it in the last two weeks some of the things I came up w/ were running slick 50 in my last oil change, putting gas treatment in about 750 miles ago, and cleaning the engine compartment w/ high pressure hose and simple green (water have shorted out one of my plugs?). On another note, I drove around 40 miles with no problems or symptoms after I cleared the engine code. LMK what you all think, thanks!
S351-R
CAFords OG
Member # 1605

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S351-R  Ford pictures for S351-R    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PO135 Indicates a O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction Bank 1, Sensor 1. The other other trouble codes indicate a lack of O2 sensor switching (either stuck lean or stuck rich) on Bank 1, Sensor 1. Sounds like you have a lazy O2 sensor. Bank 1, Sensor 1 would be the upstream O2 sensor on the passenger side. Replace that first (replace both if they have the same amount of miles). The MIL eliminators won't help your problem as they deal with the downstream O2 sensors. The downstream O2 sensors only monitor catalytic converter efficiency and don't affect vehicle drivability.
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd bet you're damaging the vehicle by running it in the condition you are.

If you can't fix it, take it to a shop that can.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bought new upstream 02 sensors, MIL's, changed inline fuel filter, and cleaned MAF no more check engine light and car seems to run a lot better. I don't know if I am just trippen or what, but it seems that since I changed my O2sensor the smell that comes out of my exhaust smells more like gas and less like rotten eggs! Thanks to everyone that gave me advice.
93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

good to hear! now you can enjoy the car. [burnout]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com