Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » clutch problems

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: clutch problems
whitelx50
Member # 6512

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitelx50  Ford pictures for whitelx50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 1990 5.0 and did an auto to 5 speed conversion, which includes tremec tko 600, spec billet steel flywheel and stage 2 clutch, bbk quadrant and adjustable cable. I have put about 3000 miles on it and broke everything in for 500 miles. Now I can be in any gear cruising and floor it and the clutch slips really bad. I have tried adjusting the clutch cable, but that did nothing. I dont know why the clutch would be doing his with this low of miles. Has anybody had this problem before? If so what did you do?
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com