Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 5 lug question on fox

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 5 lug question on fox
full throttle
¯
Member # 7220

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for full throttle  Ford pictures for full throttle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i want to convert to 5 lug, but i don't know what i need, or what car to get from and such,i have an 88 lx. and if anyone is selling a complete kit, would be great
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got some stuff you could use

http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=045640

luke87gt@yahoo.com

let me know if you are interested

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by full throttle:
i want to convert to 5 lug, but i don't know what i need, or what car to get from and such,i have an 88 lx. and if anyone is selling a complete kit, would be great

The cheapest would be just licoln rotors in the front and ranger axels for the back

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out this site.

http://mjbobbitt.home.comcast.net/mustang/sn95brakes.html

It has all the info you need to know about 5 lug conversions.

The cheapest way is to use a set of Lincon front rotors. However you will be limited to which wheels you can run on your car due to the big ass dust cap.

The "best" way is to get a set of 94-95 spindles (96+ will work also) and then get the brake setup off of a 99+ GT. They came with 4 piston calipers which are lighter and offer better braking then the single piston design in early SN95s.

It just so happens that I have a complete front brake setup off of a 2001 GT for sale [Big Grin]

http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=045453

PM me if you are interested [patriot]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
full throttle
¯
Member # 7220

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for full throttle  Ford pictures for full throttle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do i need new axles in the rear and stuff? this shit is hella confusing for me.
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by full throttle:
do i need new axles in the rear and stuff? this shit is hella confusing for me.

It all depends on what setup you go with.
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
full throttle
¯
Member # 7220

damn this is hella confusing.. i have 2 sets of 5 lug rims too, i dunno what to do..

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com