Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » how fast will my 03 cobra run with these mod

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: how fast will my 03 cobra run with these mod
louiews6
¯
Member # 5116

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for louiews6  Ford pictures for louiews6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
03 cobra convertable,steeda cai,bassani x pipe with cats,borla stinger catback?
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It will be even slower then it is now!
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With the wieght of the vert it's still like all 03/04 Cobras.......it will all depend on tires and driver skill. [burnout] [burnout] [burnout]

Anywhere from low to high 12's

Better get a brace on that thing....that's fo sho!

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like TRXSNK said it will depend on skill,tires, and if Your drivetrain will hlod up once You put the sticky tires on there and launch it fairly hard. Low 12's won't be out of the question with good driving and a 1.8-1.9 60 ft.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A stock pullied Cobra convertible will not do low 12's with those mods!
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get it to the strip and find out. [burnout]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingmoochr:

To be honest I don't think you're too far off. I'd say low 16's high 15s.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
johnson50
¯
Member # 4608

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnson50  Ford pictures for johnson50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a 03 cobra w/ just magnaflow catback and thats it and ran a 13.1 w/ a 2.2 60ft. and im not the best driver by any means. so if i had those mods, i bet i would be around a 12.8/12.9 on street tires.

--------------------
2003 10th anniv. cobra
2.3l gen2 Whipple
AED Tuned
HP/TQ: too much!

Posts: 256 | From: fairfield/suisun | Registered: Jun 2004  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You will not hit the 12's with stock pullies and street tires. You will run low 13's. If you put sticky tires on it, you might be able to touch the 12's on a good day.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by need-a-motor:
You will not hit the 12's with stock pullies and street tires.

A 2.0 60ft will do it no problem. It may be 12.99999, but it's a 12 second timeslip.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have seen a bone stock(down to paper filter and stock tires) 03 Cobra run in the 12's. In fact i beleive he was a member of this board before he passed away.

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Was it a convertable?

How much heavier are the convertables? It is all in the driving, and you have to be pretty good to launch on street tires with a high horsepower car. Driven really well, a stock Cobra coupe can run a 12.8 at around 108-110mph. I think that is what Vince ran, but it took him a while to do it and he drives really well. Hell, the 07 GT500 on drag radials ran a best of 12.63 @ 110mph on Wednesday, and it sounded like he was driving it pretty well. He ran 13.7 on street tires the week before because he couldn't launch on the stock tires.

So, if the extra power from the mods offsets the extra weight of the convertable, then it should be capable of a high 12, but you have to drive the hell out of it. A 2.00 on street tires is not that easy to achieve. It will take some practice. It will take about 10hp to offset 100lbs.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Miles drove 12.6s with his all stock 03 cobra(RIP). i also went 12.80s when my former cobra was stock.. once [Razz] ... and then could not drive it for the life of me once it was pullied...

Those cars are really hard to launch, he's got to be one hell of a driver to get into the 12s with a convertible though...

--------------------
=(

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com