Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Mods to 06GT???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Mods to 06GT???
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking to find out what works best on a 5 speed. I know there are multiple brands out so the more specific the better. Don't want to buy the same mods twice.....

Thanks

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol...

will I get paid for my advice? cuz I have and had to buy some mods twice.

how about a hook up on a bottle warmer?

4.10 gears are good.. then you need mickeys.
I have a JLT II cold air. the "tuner guy" said he prefers CNL.

I have a lot more information.

I have a sct tuner for your car. paid $380 for it.

talk to all the local speed shops. then go to http://www.modularfords.com/

and then make you own decision.

I think I got a brain hemorrhage trying to figure everything out.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have some questions on mods for the suspension. for the 06.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What do you want for the tuner? I work at a speed shop and can get them at cost so let me know what you'll take. I need/want to get one because I'm picking up my car Saturday morning and having gears installed in the afternoon, I hope.

--------------------

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Xcal II w/JLT intake
BMR Control arms
H or X pipe
Steeda underdrives
410 gears

That will get you deep into the 12's on DR's

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
What do you want for the tuner? I work at a speed shop and can get them at cost so let me know what you'll take. I need/want to get one because I'm picking up my car Saturday morning and having gears installed in the afternoon, I hope.

nice goind Don, what gear?... get 410S!! atleast. [Razz]
screw the gay ass 373s. [Big Grin]

will you be getting a coupe?

--------------------
=(

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pm me on the tuner.

I paid $380. make an offer.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

what are BMR control arms? how much do they cost? what exactly do they do?
where did you purchase them?

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Latin_Hick06GT
¯
Member # 6997

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Latin_Hick06GT  Ford pictures for Latin_Hick06GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a Xcal II but it has tunes for my old V6 mustang. Can I get tunes for my 06 Mustang GT?
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Latin_Hick06GT:
I have a Xcal II but it has tunes for my old V6 mustang. Can I get tunes for my 06 Mustang GT?

Was the programer unlocked after reloading the stock tune back to the v6?

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

quote:
Originally posted by pitchblack06:
what are BMR control arms? how much do they cost? what exactly do they do?
where did you purchase them?

BMR is a company that makes suspension products,they are good quality and affordable. They eliminate the bad wheel hop these cars have. I just have the lower non adjustable ones and they have been great,they make the car handle better too.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

not getting any wheel hop.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

quote:
Originally posted by pitchblack06:
not getting any wheel hop.

hmmm...I had it so bad i thought the rear end was going to fly out from under the car. Is your car lowered?

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

I've made a few runs and get no signs of any wheel hop.

--------------------

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
I've made a few runs and get no signs of any wheel hop.

I did notice that when it spins on a sticky surface it is worse,like at the track.Going from traction to spinnin is when it happens,or a low rpm brake stand. Which you can't do without a tuner. If you just dump the clutch and get the tires spining fast it doesn't happen as much. Maybe the 06's have control arm improvements??? Could be you have stiffer springs to compensate for the larger 18" wheel? i know they did do changes for the 18"ers.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com