Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » ???nitrous pressure gauge???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ???nitrous pressure gauge???
Hot85Fifty
¯
Member # 6970

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Hot85Fifty  Ford pictures for Hot85Fifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Confused] When you have nitrous do you need to have a pressure guage or can you have it without? And what happens if the pressure gets to high or low? [Confused]

[ August 10, 2006, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Hot85Fifty ]

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good question...I need the answer to that as well.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You need a pressure gauge because the the specific manufacturer you use will recommend you to run it between say 900 and 1100 psi...how will you know if you're in that range without a gauge. Your car will run rich if you pressure is too low and will run lean if too high. A bottle warmer/heater will help keep it within spec.

[ August 10, 2006, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Red85Fifty
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how do you get the pressure up or down?
:
squirrely50
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What are bottle blankets used for?
:
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Along with the bottle blanket or heater...you also need a purge kit. The purge kit allows you to get all the air/gases out of the line for a good hit of nitrous. It also allows you to lower bottle pressure if it's too high. The bottle blanket or heater warms the bottle and raises the pressure. An automatic heater will activate automatically when pressure drops too low and turn off when it's a like 1100psi.

--------------------

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As stated the blanket just helps contain the heat.

Heater that I have will automatically click on if the temp is below 1100. Once 1100 is reached it will shut off.

If the pressure gets to high, i.e. black car, black interior, 100 deg heat and 3 hours in the sun the pressure will become to much and explode. This is when you want a saftey blow down tube installed, otherwise it could be really bad.

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any recommendations on products/ part numbers?

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

NX anything...for starters.

--------------------

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

I thought the zex plug in one looked good for me.

I have 2 cigarette adapters.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com