Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » HT0 spark plugs

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: HT0 spark plugs
75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
by changing to a colder plug to run (hto)nitrous...will that affect regular drivablity?

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The thing about running cooler plugs is that carbon deposites can build up if the plugs are not hot enough and cause them to foul or cuase a missfire....

edit~drive with the new plugs and them check them after about a week and see how much carbon builds up on them...

Good luck

[ June 26, 2006, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: BlackNGold ]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I havn't heard any problems with the 05's,that are running the ht0's. Don't push it past 100 shot on the stock fuel pump,on a 125 it will starve for fuel. [Wink]

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I usually fill up with 4 gal of 91
and 4 gal of 100 (on race day)

then after everything is installed ..I guess set the sct tuner to 87 octane? so that the timing would be retarded?
or do I need to retard it more? I was told to retard it 4 degrees? (4 degrees retarded from stock???)
Right now I am daily driving on 91 with the sct tuner set at 91.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where is the fuel pump? how much does it cost?

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Motorhead6T5:
I havn't heard any problems with the 05's,that are running the ht0's. Don't push it past 100 shot on the stock fuel pump,on a 125 it will starve for fuel. [Wink]

you will be amazed how much more fuel you have with the hotwire upgrade

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 06 ford:
I usually fill up with 4 gal of 91
and 4 gal of 100 (on race day)

then after everything is installed ..I guess set the sct tuner to 87 octane? so that the timing would be retarded?
or do I need to retard it more? I was told to retard it 4 degrees? (4 degrees retarded from stock???)
Right now I am daily driving on 91 with the sct tuner set at 91.

I would get it tuned on the dyno,if not I would run the 87 tune and pull at least 2 degrees,and start from there.It really depends on the shot,at 125
+ you probably would pull 4*. I think you can go -5 right? thats how my sct xcal 1 is,I think you have more options though.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

quote:
Originally posted by CDT:
quote:

you will be amazed how much more fuel you have with the hotwire upgrade
Is that like a BAP?

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no its upgrading the super thin wire ford uses for the pump, if that is still not enough then you can add a bap. The hotwire alone should be enough and you will need it with a bap too.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Aarlee??

This Derek...the black '06. I plugged this sct thing to my computer. I get nothing. How the hell do you use this thing?

I got the plugs, Zex, and the tuner.

HELP?!!!

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

quote:
Originally posted by 06 ford:
Aarlee??

This Derek...the black '06. I plugged this sct thing to my computer. I get nothing. How the hell do you use this thing?

I got the plugs, Zex, and the tuner.

HELP?!!!

Do you have a xcal 1 or 2?
Do you have the sct program downloaded to your computer?The one you get from the SCT website? And do you have a file of the tune you want on your comp?

Or are you just trying to make adjustments to the canned/supplied sct tune that is already on the tuner?

[ June 28, 2006, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Motorhead6T5 ]

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

quote:
no its upgrading the super thin wire ford uses for the pump, if that is still not enough then you can add a bap. The hotwire alone should be enough and you will need it with a bap too.

Do you know what gauge it is that they upgrade to? Can you do it with some wire or do you need to buy a kit? [Smile]

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

I bought the tuner. someone else loaded the custom tune.

I downloaded everything from the cd to my computer.

when I try to mess with the datalogging or anything else it is a blank screen.

ex cal 2

on the cd it says ex cal 2 sf?
totally lost.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

quote:
Originally posted by o6 ford:
I bought the tuner. someone else loaded the custom tune.

I downloaded everything from the cd to my computer.

when I try to mess with the datalogging or anything else it is a blank screen.

ex cal 2

on the cd it says ex cal 2 sf?
totally lost.

Hmmmm...I don't know much about the xcal 2,better talk to arlee [Razz] I don't have those options.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

quote:
quote:

Do you know what gauge it is that they upgrade to? Can you do it with some wire or do you need to buy a kit? [Smile]
use 10 gauge from the underhood fuse box to the FPDM, use the OE wire to control a 30/40 amp relay. You can also use 10 gauge after the FPDM to the pump but I have seen little gains from that and it is a lot more work. Make sure you add a fuse to the 10 gauge wire at the underhood box. This can get you as much as 25% more fuel pump.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

sounds like some great information.

I will pay you to do it.

I am a painter. I might paint the fuse box the wrong color.

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com